Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Angry iTunes Rage

Either my iPad or my iTunes is demon-possessed (or it's a major case of operator-error ). I'm trying to replace some audio files I have on my iPad with new ones and I just can't get it to work. On iTunes it's showing that the old files are gone and replaced with the new files, but the old files are still, stubbornly, on the iPad, and the new ones are not there at all.

I hardly use iTunes (for this very aggravating reason ) and I've been at this more than an hour now. I'm ready to cry; please

I have an iPad 3, running iOS 7.1; my computer is Win7 64-bit, running iTunes 11.1.5.5. Any help would be much appreciated.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I personally would ditch iTunes and use mediamonkey.

Last edited by alanHd; 04-21-2014 at 05:29 PM.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
There's a checkbox for playlists, something about copying the files. I don't remember the exact wording, but you might want to check it out, and google the name of the checkbox, and see if that helps. I've been meaning to do it myself, because I have a playlist that got messed up on my iPod, and I can't get it to copy the playlist that's on my pc instead.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I have manually manage media checked on all my devices.

Or if you'd rather not, go into the Music app on your device, find the files, and swipe to the left, hit delete, and sync again.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
I personally would ditch iTunes and use mediamonkey.
I didn't know I could use MediaMonkey with my iPad; works like a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I have manually manage media checked on all my devices.

Or if you'd rather not, go into the Music app on your device, find the files, and swipe to the left, hit delete, and sync again.
Thanks for the suggestion; I deleted all 1,189 files by hand
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Dethmaul
Dethmaul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
I use SyncIOS and iFunBox to manage my devices. Both are free and see to work pretty well (for my needs, YMMV)
Dethmaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #7
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
I won't let itunes anywhere near my PC. It's such a terrible piece of software that I consider it almost like a virus. I have iPods and iPads, and I do everything via cloud to load anything to them.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I really like iTunes. Great music librarian tool, and I've never had any problems using it. In what way do you consider it to be "terrible", may I ask?

Last edited by HarryT; 05-06-2014 at 05:48 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:42 AM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I like iTunes too. I manage 3 iPads, 1 iPhone and 2 iPods with it. Never had a problem.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #10
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I really like iTunes. Great music librarian tool, and I've never had any problems using it. In what way do you consider it to be "terrible", may I ask?
iTunes on OSX is acceptable. On Windows it is an abysmal resource hog. A majority of Windows system that I've had to work on because of reports of system slowdowns were caused by iTunes.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #11
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
I have a nice reasonably powerful computer (4 GB RAM, 3.2 GHZ dual core Celeron, don't remmember what the L2 and 3 cache is but it was big enough) and there is a 5 minute delay where it freezes up. REALLY APPLE?! All beside the fact that there are three processes constantly running... Yeah, nice program all a round as far as the Windows version goes.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
iTunes on OSX is acceptable. On Windows it is an abysmal resource hog. A majority of Windows system that I've had to work on because of reports of system slowdowns were caused by iTunes.
But nothing on iTunes runs unless the program itself is running. You can't get slowdowns merely by having it installed - it doesn't have any background processes.

I'm running it on a 4-year-old laptop with an i5 CPU and 4GB RAM and it runs absolutely fine. No performance issues whatsoever.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #13
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
iTunes Rage

I know a lot of people who hate iTunes. I really like iTunes. It works fine for me and it displays my music/movies/shows in a nice and minimal way. I use iTunes on my MacBook Pro so could it be that the Windows version is not as good as the Mac?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I don't like ITunes. I could never get it to stop trying to rewrite all my tags for music not In albums.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But nothing on iTunes runs unless the program itself is running. You can't get slowdowns merely by having it installed - it doesn't have any background processes.
By default there are a whole bunch. If you are technically inclined enough to edit the Windows Services you can manually disable them, of course.
Which requires being above average.

iTunes for Windows: Background processes installed on Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (Apple Knowledge Base)
Quote:
AppleMobileBackup.exe
AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
AppleMobileSync.exe
distnoted.exe
iPodService.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
iTunesPhotoProcessor.exe
MDCrashReportTool.exe
mDNSResponder.exe
SyncServer.exe
qttask.exe

iTunes: Still slowing down Windows PCs after all these years
Quote:
This problem has been known for years. AppleMobileDeviceService.exe has been in iTunes since version 7.3. People complained on the Apple boards more than two years ago that it was consuming up to 50% of CPU cycles, and thus far it's as bad as it always has been. Mind you, Mac users aren't complaining. Just Windows users.

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-06-2014 at 03:15 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote