Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #23341
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Here's a summary of an e-mail conversation between one of our Programme Managers and me;

PM: We need a team of six to help a client out. We can use the three experienced people already assigned to me and base it in the Midlands.

Me: Should be OK. All the best people for that job are in the Midlands. I can juggle people around a little and extend a few contracts.

An hour or so later...

PM: I've spoken to the client. We've agreed six people, two each in London, Scotland and the North East.

Me: ?????!???????

So now, I need to drive over 200 miles tomorrow to our North East office to sort this mess out. I think it's safe to say that I'm not a happy bunny!
As a professional IT PM, I'd give a lot to have a few managers like you around. If I ask for three more people to complete a project, I get laughed out of the room.

I would, however, treat you much better than that!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #23342
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Because of idiots like that, I've found an app that is a recorder. There are some meetings I no longer go into without it being turned on. And before I get all sorts of, that's illegal! Complaints, it's not. It simply cannot be used as evidence unless all parties have been informed and agree prior to the recording. What it does do very well in fact, is stop a lot of arguments when you are able to say, "really? That's not how I recall it , in fact that's not what the recorded conversation recalls either." 99.99 percent of the time the discussion stops.
Quite right, in most if not all states you can record anything you want. I ran that one by a lawyer years ago, then promptly went out an bought a LiveScribe smart pen.

I now have gigabytes of meetings archived, and nearly everyone I sit in meetings with knows it!
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #23343
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Yeah, I guess I'm going to be a lot more friendlier with the cloud. I need to start thinking about storage
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #23344
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
KRISDA soda is disgusting. That is my rant. I love root beer and my friend (no longer) offered me a KRISDA root beer. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I need to cleanse my palette with something. Vinegar maybe.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #23345
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
The right speaker of my computer's speaker set just died. I've been having problems lately but always managed to get them working properly, not this time though.

Mind you, it's a good incentive to clean up my desk so I can get rid of this one (it's got a huge subwoofer that's blocked in by various stuff) and install new ones.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2013, 03:22 AM   #23346
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
The right speaker of my computer's speaker set just died. I've been having problems lately but always managed to get them working properly, not this time though.

Mind you, it's a good incentive to clean up my desk so I can get rid of this one (it's got a huge subwoofer that's blocked in by various stuff) and install new ones.
URGHGHGGH. Much sympathy.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:39 AM   #23347
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
URGHGHGGH. Much sympathy.

Hitch
Occasionally the right speaker starts working again for a minute or so, lol.

I've already ordered a simple and cheap speaker set that I can pick up this afternoon. I can install them without cleaning my desk or removing the old one. During Christmas I'll give my desk a good clean so I can properly install it.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #23348
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I keep a detailed email chain for just that reason
I always did that too, when I was working. Somebody would say, "I'll call you with the details," and I would say, "No, no, just email it to me so I won't forget." :-D

(In the old days of federal service, we'd just type up an MFR and file it away. Anybody else remember those?)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #23349
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I always did that too, when I was working. Somebody would say, "I'll call you with the details," and I would say, "No, no, just email it to me so I won't forget." :-D

(In the old days of federal service, we'd just type up an MFR and file it away. Anybody else remember those?)
Yep
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #23350
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post

Still use Memoranda For Record (MFR), ’course that’s ‘cause I’m still in Federal Service!
Old 12-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #23351
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My microwave oven died.

I tried explaining to it that this was just not a good time, but it did no good.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #23352
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
My microwave oven died.

I tried explaining to it that this was just not a good time, but it did no good.
One Christmas we were all at my sister's house and my brother in law was fixing an elaborate dinner centered around Cornish hens. He turned the oven on and watched in horror as the element burned out. (This was in the days when retail stores were NOT open on Christmas.) He ended up cooking them under the broiler, I think, but he was scrambling for a while trying to get them fully cooked without burning up the outside!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #23353
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Jacksonville, FL, United States 12/26/2013 1:14 P.M. Arrival Scan
San Pablo, CA, United States 12/20/2013 4:23 A.M. Departure Scan

Six days for UPS to travel from California to Florida?
Are they back to wagon trains again?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #23354
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Jacksonville, FL, United States 12/26/2013 1:14 P.M. Arrival Scan
San Pablo, CA, United States 12/20/2013 4:23 A.M. Departure Scan

Six days for UPS to travel from California to Florida?
Are they back to wagon trains again?

Stitchawl
Apparently you are not the only one displeased.
http://www.naturalnews.com/043332_UP...breakdown.html
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #23355
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Well, there have been some rather unusual extenuating circumstances as of late, meteorologically speaking.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness