Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-31-2014, 05:47 PM   #481
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I personally hate episode books. I will never buy them will not even click on them if free. IMO just a cheap shot at trying to scam money out of people.
Amen to that. Only way I'll read one is when it's finally published as one book!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #482
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Amen to that. Only way I'll read one is when it's finally published as one book!
Same here. I've learned my lesson. If it says "part one" it's just part of the story. Shame!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #483
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
A couple weeks ago I checked out a Ruthie Knox title from Overdrive and realized when I started the first page it was the middle of a serial (so sue me for not reading closer), and not even the beginning. Worse yet, they didn't even have all the parts of this at Brooklyn! It's bad enough when Overdrive doesn't have all the books in a series, but not all the parts of a serial?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:04 PM   #484
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Is it just me or have others only seen the episode's by Indie authors? I have not found a trad pub book like that but I could be wrong.

Copyrite not all descriptions will state it is the middle or what ever in a series. If I know it is a series and Amazon does not state anything then I check at Goodreads & Fantastic Fiction
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:38 PM   #485
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Is it just me or have others only seen the episode's by Indie authors? I have not found a trad pub book like that but I could be wrong.
Serials have been around a long time (some Dickens works were originally serials for example), but they really got a resurgence and their current form with eBooks and self-publishing. Traditional publishers have been experimenting with them as well lately.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #486
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Well, I have started to spend my credit from B&N. I am really waiting for tomorrow's releases to happen for some of them. I even have credits to spend at audible, and Play is coming out there as well. I have on my agenda to listen to it as well as read it. I am looking forward to Ghost Seer by Robin D Owens. It is a new series from the author of the Celta Heartmate series. In looking up on her blog, I noticed that she has said that Audible is starting to record Heartmate. I have now added another thing to my list.I also have re-listened to the Chronicles of Nick series this past weekend, I will be ready for tomorrows release.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 PM   #487
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
If you're not linked to Facebook then you don't have to worry about unlinking. When you get through an area and are blocked from going to the next area it will offer you a chance to advance for $.99 and one of the other choices is to do the quest levels. Once you complete those you can advance without paying.

EDIT: This posting should help...
http://www.mymommystyle.com/2013/10/...ebook-friends/
Thanks for that, very helpful. I already keep getting locked out for hours for running out of lives. I am not very good at this game.

I found a back list title on sale
99 cents Karen Robards - Desire in the Sun
http://www.amazon.com/Desire-Sun-Kar.../dp/B00DV63EEY

Quote:
In this steamy romance by “the mistress of sizzling sensuality” (Romantic Times), the beautiful daughter of a plantation owner, Lilah Remy, is swept into a wild romance with the dazzlingly handsome man her family has just enslaved. Raised an English gentleman, Joss San Pietro finds himself caught up in the turbulent currents of the Deep South as he tries to right an ancient wrong. Destiny brings Joss and Lilah together as equals, then throws them together as mistress and servant onto tempestuous seas. Shipwrecked, marooned on a deserted island with only each other to depend on, they must work together to survive as the passion that has always sizzled between them blazes into a conflagration too hot to resist. They find themselves enmeshed in a love affair as fiery as it is forbidden….
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #488
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I am looking forward to Ghost Seer by Robin D Owens. It is a new series from the author of the Celta Heartmate series. In looking up on her blog, I noticed that she has said that Audible is starting to record Heartmate. I have now added another thing to my list.
Auntykatkat
I "discovered" Owens' Celta Tales series late and am glad I did. I actually think the first book is the weakest in the series, and if I'd picked it up new, I probably would have never read the next one. I'm at work so can't check, but I'm pretty sure the second one is one of my favorites in that series!

I never really warmed to her other two series, though. The Mystic Circle one felt like it was written by some else, IMO! Could just be that it was contemporary fantasy, unlike the Celta Tales. I didn't really warm to the "voice" she used (and wondered if it was because she was trying to appeal to younger readers or sensibilities?)

I'm crossing my fingers for Ghost Seer (on the waiting list at the e-library already). If I like it as well as the Celta Tale books, I'll buy my own copy.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 PM   #489
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

Copyrite not all descriptions will state it is the middle or what ever in a series. If I know it is a series and Amazon does not state anything then I check at Goodreads & Fantastic Fiction
Actually Harlequin is doing this right now. The other publishers are starting to try it authors like Eloisa James and Kresley Cole have serials out.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #490
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I spent $2 so far. Once on boosters I got 6 instead of 3 sale and then I didn't know I had to pay to unlock more levels and it was super late at night so I cave and spent another 99 cents but I don't plan on spending anymore. Unlocking levels though you need three friends for free right?
Just turn off wifi and set the time ahead 3 hours, and you will get your lives refilled. I have one tablet I use just for Candy Crush--it is something like April 29, now. I was at 305, but did a factory reset for another issue. Now I am at 277 on my redo.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:01 AM   #491
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Just turn off wifi and set the time ahead 3 hours, and you will get your lives refilled. I have one tablet I use just for Candy Crush--it is something like April 29, now. I was at 305, but did a factory reset for another issue. Now I am at 277 on my redo.
I don't want to do that. I will play by the rules. I will tell hubby though he has no problems using tricks. I do have Facebook friends just have to bug them.

Hubby is now running a fever but the other symptoms have subsided. I've been pouring Sprite down him. It's the only thing I can drink when I feel like that. I got Gatorade down him but then he guzzled a bottle of water then complained of a stomach ache.

Just call me nurse Blossom. It's going to be another long night. 38% into Unwound and now time to Swag then read and then play some Candy Crush.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote