Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #1
Macfly
Macfly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Kobo incredibly unmodificable (is there a ghost inside?)

I´ve got a Kobo Glo for a pair of years, and used it a lot, but it became impossible to modify. Like "freezed" in his actual content, event if it works normally with that content.

It works OK with the books it already has on, but if I delete any file via USB, this files "comes back" as if it had never been deleted, at the next use.

I even tried to delete all the files on the Kobo (even the .kobo system folder), it took 10 mn to delete everything, but, at the next reboot, all the files were here (and also every added file in the meantime were not here)...

I evidently already did a reboot, a reset, a factory settings reset, even tried to actualize the firmware (online and by the "files" way). Without any success...

I´m quite at ease with Windows, but I don´t know anything about Linux (a pity), so I feel a bit abashed.

Did it occur to someone? Do someone have a solution?

Thanks in advance
Macfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The first symptoms sound like a corrupt database. But, as the factory reset didn't fix things, it sounds like the internal micro SD card is failing. I would try getting another card, restoring an image to that and seeing if it works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
content, frozen, help please, kobo, usb connection