Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
zer0aster
zer0aster began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Nook Simple Touch
Linux on mini needing advice

I have Linux installed on my Kobo Mini after following some of the posts here, utilising Marek's image. Thank you Marek!

I have installed Xfce4 and now that I can adjust the size of fonts and try some high contrast themes it is now useable for me and my poor eyes!

But, before I put any real data of mine on it I would really like to be able to password protect it, both at boot and after it has blanked the screen. But how to get either the virtual keyboard to appear when I tap the screen or at login?

I would settle for a pin code entry system, or even a drawing of a pattern as per Android, but can't find one for Linux.

Any suggestions?
zer0aster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Sounds like you want a login manager. I'm not sure if the Debian image has one already installed, but if it doesn't maybe you want xdm. There's a post in this thread on getting an onscreen keyboard to show up when the login manager starts. Just replace cellwriter with the keyboard that's already installed (I can't remember the exact name just now).
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert