Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Nook HD
books gone

I downloaded the 1.20 update on my desktop computer. I restarted and opened Calibre and my books are gone. Every one of the 1650 books are gone. I do have them backed up, but this is the second time this has happened when I do a Calibre update. I hesitated this time, but went ahead since it has been a while since my last update. I am not very happy right now. What happened? Did I do something? Where are my books? The last time I lost over 3000 books and I have been in the process of putting them back, but I am not happy.

Last edited by megthered; 01-20-2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: mind going faster than fingers
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre updates do not touch your books so something else must be happening.

Have you tried searching for the Calibre library folder? It is possible that the books are still there but you do not have Calibre pointing to the right location to find them.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know why Calibre would not point to the correct library folder, all I did was update. I haven't touched anything else because I don't know enough about Calibre to change anything. My library is there, the only thing different was the update.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
I don't know why Calibre would not point to the correct library folder, all I did was update. I haven't touched anything else because I don't know enough about Calibre to change anything. My library is there, the only thing different was the update.
The location of the library is stored in the settings (preferences)
1 in a million or so of all the updates seen to corrupt this.
No pattern has emerged. It may be just security software scanning at the wrong time

Use the Create/Switch option to point to the Use the previously Existing Library at the new location to bring it back into use
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:54 PM   #5
megthered
Connoisseur

That did it. I found that Calibre was trying to use Dropbox as my library. I have no books in Dropbox, so I had no books in Calibre. I don't know why it wanted to use Dropbox. But it's fixed now. Thank you so much for the help.
Advert