Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #481
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Bagpipes-(noun)-I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made object never equaled the purity of sound achieved by the pig.

-Alfred Hitchcock
and yet, they still manage to be evocative of precisely that, even to someone who has never heard that story.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #482
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Bagpipes-(noun)-I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made object never equaled the purity of sound achieved by the pig.

-Alfred Hitchcock
And here I thought it was a cat, not a pig. I guess I'm just not musically inclined.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #483
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
And here I thought it was a cat, not a pig. I guess I'm just not musically inclined.
or perhaps it's because you are precisely that.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #484
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Nah, you both wrong, it was a goat.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #485
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Ciao Zelda!

with this avatar you absolutely look like a very-strong thinker in these days... maybe you want to psicanalyze all mobileread users about reading e-books and choosing devices?... :-D

Anyway since you're a female, then it should not be a male but a female!.. good avatar though!
I'm gonna change mine today...need a change...need to turn on my neuron! AAAAAAAAH!! :-D
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #486
zelda_pinwheel

ciao luigi !! you of ALL people should recognize my avatar !! he was one of your finest authors... i'll give you a hint : six.

i'll be looking out for your new avatar...
Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #487
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I maintain my position that bagpipes played well are highly enjoyable to listen to. However, few people play them well, and the intermediate stages can be somewhat painful.

The rest of you philistines may now return to disparaging bagpipes, bagpipers, bagpiping, etc.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #488
zelda_pinwheel

hou, she called us philistines !!!

i think that's the first time i've ever been called that.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #489
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Why do bagpipers walk around whilst playing?

To get away from the noise.
I always thought it was because it made them harder to hit with rotten vegetables.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #490
zelda_pinwheel

i think both are potentially applicable, it really depends whether there are other people in the vicinity.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #491
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I maintain my position that bagpipes played well are highly enjoyable to listen to. However, few people play them well, and the intermediate stages can be somewhat painful.

The rest of you philistines may now return to disparaging bagpipes, bagpipers, bagpiping, etc.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #492
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
should be IMHO.
Attached Images

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-03-2009 at 05:34 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #493
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Just because slayda uses an avatar of a close-up of female genitalia cleverly disguised as a pink purple flower doesn't mean all of his smilies have to be pink.

EDIT: of course this post made more sense when the post above had purple "Ditto" smilies.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-30-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #494
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
That'll teach me not to be on line for a while. Whilst I'm away this thread dissolves into the Utterly Silly category...
Now, what's happening elsewhere...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #495
slayda
Retired & reading more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Just because slayda uses an avatar of a close-up of female genitalia cleverly disguised as a pink flower doesn't mean all of his smilies have to be pink.
Actually it is lavender. And I am not clever enough to disguise it. For those interested, the common name is Butterfly Pea and the Latin name (I didn't name it) is Clitoria Mariana. Another variant is named Clitoria Ternatea. You can find out more about this plant on-line.

The Butterfly Pea is a nitrogen fixing plant and in some places (I've heard Australia) it is planted as a rotational crop for natural fertilizer and/or fodder for cattle. It makes a seed pod that looks very much like an English Pea pod. In the North Alabama area it grows as a wildflower and my avatar is a picture I took myself. You might also check out my album for other local wildflowers. Lavender is my favorite color, especially when combined with green and I enjoy hiking and taking pictures of wildflowers. I hope to add more flowers to that album.

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda