Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #256
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
A dog breathing down your neck is pleasant compared to Houston. Houston is like a dog panting in your face at three o'clock in the morning, insisting that he be let out for the third time since midnight and wanting yet another garlic treat.
Ooooo, more good poetry! Or at least, VERRY apt. Hey pshrynk -- is that Gene Kelly you are wearing? Swoon, swoon....... But I'm probably just seeing things.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #257
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ooooo, more good poetry! Or at least, VERRY apt. Hey pshrynk -- is that Gene Kelly you are wearing? Swoon, swoon....... But I'm probably just seeing things.
I'm currently channeling a young Robert Heinlein...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #258
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
ZP , dear , you'll start to get wrinkled if you stay in that water for much longer . Get out and wrap yourself in a nice warm fluffy towel ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #259
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
ZP , dear , you'll start to get wrinkled if you stay in that water for much longer . Get out and wrap yourself in a nice warm fluffy towel ...
Towel wrapping optional. Or, just snap another PIC prior to the towel wrapping. You did need more avatars, yes?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #260
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Towel wrapping optional. Or, just snap another PIC prior to the towel wrapping. You did need more avatars, yes?

BOb
drools ...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #261
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:

BOb
A few more (potential) avatars are available here.

Subliminal message: It's not thread stealing, I tell you, it's not!!!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #262
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Towel wrapping optiona...
BOb
Dearest Zelda,

It behooves me to mention, as your most beloved of friends who respects you so much he would even write vaguely-threatening, romantic, pastry-centric poetry to you, that amongst all of this brutish testosterone and Xena-esque estrogen, your willing portrayal of yourself in such a loose and epidermic fashion (admittedly with such honest resplendence) is not serving to augment the degree of respect you so thoroughly deserve.

As your humble confidante, please allow me to attend to your boudoir and grace your heavenly frame with modesty and my large and luxurious towel (ever on my person). It is the least I can do.

Cheers,
Marc

(PS. Shut up, you lot. I'm doing this for you. What? You don't think I'm going to surreptitiously take some video and post it on YouTube for you?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #263
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oooo Zelda, I think he's offering you a new fur coat! I hear lion fur is ever so soft. But there'll be the carcass to deal with, I'm afraid.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #264
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Oooo Zelda, I think he's offering you a new fur coat! I hear lion fur is ever so soft. But there'll be the carcass to deal with, I'm afraid.
See references to "dinner party" that is past/forthcoming.

(Lion, lion burning bright....oh, bugger, the hotplate's up too high...)

Cheers,
Marc (about to change avatars, so we'll confuse the hell out of them, Deb)
Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 AM   #265
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Marc (about to change avatars, so we'll confuse the hell out of them, Deb)
I'm already confused - are there lions ( wild ) in Oz ?
Old 05-08-2008, 05:16 AM   #266
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm already confused - are there lions ( wild ) in Oz ?
No, no, of course not - only on my estate.

There were once "tigers", but, unfortunately, they're extinct (occasional "sightings" aside).

What's up, Geoff? I assure you I'll keep you safe from harm from my feline friends at the dinner party (the Megabats are another story...).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #267
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Duh! After reading all this whole thread if figured out I'll have to realize my OWN avatar.... it's summer.... lets have fun with kites!!! :-D
Anyway Zelda... I like your avatar's one... definately! :-)
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #268
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
No, no, of course not - only on my estate.

There were once "tigers", but, unfortunately, they're extinct (occasional "sightings" aside).

What's up, Geoff? I assure you I'll keep you safe from harm from my feline friends at the dinner party (the Megabats are another story...).

Cheers,
Marc
Party ?

Sorry , is there a party ?

You must be confusing me with my alter-ego in the parallel universe number 9 - CGeoff ..

So sorry Mr Guerilla ..
Old 05-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #269
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Q. Why do Gorillas have large nostrils?

A. Because they have large fingers.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #270
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Q. Why do Gorillas have large nostrils?

A. Because they have large fingers.
And what are large fingers a sign of ?

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda