Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
polygonhell
polygonhell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Dead Kindle, not quite DOA

After a 3 and a half week wait, my Kindle arrived a couple of days ago, I downloaded a book to it, and ended up getting pulled away from eperimenting with is, leaving it on all day with the wireless on.

When I got back to it some 10 hours later, it was sitting in one page of the screen saver and unresponsive. My assumption was that the battery was flat, so I charged it, but it remained unresponsive, after attempting to reset it without luck, I spoke with Amazon this morning and they are going to replace it.

It's irritating, but Tech support were pleasant and they are apparently going to cross ship the replacement, with a delay of a couple of days in which apparently they do some sort of extended QA on the replacement.

So with luck I'll have a replacement next week.

I was was pretty pleased with the device in the few hours I had it.
polygonhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Sorry you got a bum Kindle polygonhell, may Fedex be with you
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert