Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
lmcread
Enthusiast
lmcread began at the beginning.

Device: none
ebooks from different sources for the T1

I am really trying to get my daughter started on ebooks reading from the T1.
i saw some ebooks on sale from amazon..ca for a good price. The note beside the ebooks states (Kindle Edition), i assume its for the kindle ereader....but can I still buy these ebooks for the sony ereader?? Is it easy to transfer onto the T1?? Want to make sure its ok for the sony ereader before I buy.
thanks.
lmcread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You have to convert them and probably remove the DRM first.

There are a lot of free books on Amazon so I would start with one of those. That way you will see if it is for you or too much trouble.

Canadian libraries have a pretty (very good IMO) good selection of ebooks for children and young adults as well as for adults.

It is easy to download them either to your computer or directly to the T1.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Ummmmm .........

May I suggest you install Calibre for your ebook management, works really well with any Sony, & much easier to use......

Oh, and you might also try googling "Apprentice Alf" - it contains many interesting topics concerning your queries .........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I have downloaded books over wifi using browser free epubs and epubs with Adobe DRM.
Sony is great with library books.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
I just bought a book from Google Play and put it on my T-1. See link below for specific instructions.

https://support.google.com/googlepla.../2851700?hl=en
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
Eric Muller
Connoisseur
Eric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolate

Device: Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I just bought a book from Google Play and put it on my T-1.
I also bought a book from Google Play, and downloaded the EPUB ("Removable
Type" by Philippe Round). It seems that Google is not delivering the EPUB produced by the publisher (which is available at B&N, for example), but instead is building one from scratch, apparently using the same kind of tools as for EPUBs produced from their scans. The result is a disaster: missing spaces, small caps are gone, the image legends are minuscule, the footnotes do not link, etc. The sample available from B&N has none of those problems.

Eric.
Eric Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #7
SoCalReader
Enthusiast
SoCalReader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC, Sony PRS-T2, (former) Amazon Kindle DX
I have had some odd results recently with Google. I have moved to Calibre, which I find to be a better manager of books and using Adobe. 2 books recently could not be uploaded correctly through Calibre and I had to upload them by hand (go to the E: drive and place them in the correct sub-directory.) Have others seen this problem?
SoCalReader is offline   Reply With Quote