Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #61
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I saw that case but wished it were like the Bobj case I mentioned earlier, which routes the speakers' signal to the front of the device.

Still, you'd have had to pay an additional $10 just for that one feature.
It might be worth the extra, though, as it creates a recessed back, which would be even easier to hold.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just ordered this for my second case. Then, if I need to, I will attach a velcro hand strap to the back of it, to make it easier when I am reading in bed.
I read they smell horrible so may sure to sit it in the sun for a few days. I almost got one for the HDX but cancelled as I am sensitive to Chemical smells.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #63
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Just saw this one pop up on G+. Im not a big fan of red but this is really good looking.

http://www.androidauthority.com/nexu...o-case-323656/

Edit: $50 in the Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/device...lio_bumper_red
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #64
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I read they smell horrible so may sure to sit it in the sun for a few days. I almost got one for the HDX but cancelled as I am sensitive to Chemical smells.
Sun? What is sun? No sun in these gray skies, lately!

I can rarely smell anything, so I am not worried about it.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Sun? What is sun? No sun in these gray skies, lately!

I can rarely smell anything, so I am not worried about it.
We had plenty today but it's cold!

Not that it's good but then you it shouldn't bother you. My FIL has no sense of smell either. Me I am super sensitive to smells. I smell everything so I have to be careful.
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #66
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

DH and the kids have very good noses, so if it stinks, they'll be sure to let me know! I'll probably only use it in bed at night.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #67
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
It's difficult to justify the cost of this leather case (warning: disturbing image and price tag), but I want it in chimney black!

I still own the Mutter Museum calendar that contains the Joel Peter Witkin photo from which that cover image was taken.

If you're in the mood to look at less grotesque covers and don't mind spending too much money, have a look at the seller's other designs:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/joevleather...7693569&page=2

Dr. Who fans (or people who like silver discs attached to antique blue leather) might be interested in this.

I happen to love this cover image as well:

I've just sent a message to the foont who confects these covers asking whether they tailor cases to the Nexus 7.2, but I'm fairly certain the answer will be one of these:

1. They expect the case to fit both models or
2. They'll create a case with the same design and materials for the N7.2.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 12-13-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #68
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Assuming I get one for X-mas, I plan on using my old K3 zippered EVA case. I checked, it should fit.
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #69
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Here's my case. While I love it, I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. Mainly because I use the Nexus to plays games a lot and the more I use it, the more I wish I had a hand strap. Still, it's a really nice case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	116650   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	116651  
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #70
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Very nice, sparkle. I have a similar style, mine is a Moko. Beautiful, but I don't care for the white edge around the tablet. I hadn't thought of returning it, but maybe I should.

Eeek. Forget it. They want $8.00 to return it.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-13-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #71
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #72
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Sold my white Moko case on ebay, so not losing any money. I really love the Poetic GraphGrip Case I have on it. That thing is SO nice. (Nobody mentioned a smell either, and I didn't ask). Of course that has no screen protection, so I might get another Moko Slimfit later. Or the one with the hand strap. I love hand straps.

Oh on my Graphgrip I added one of my girls black hair bands diagonally and it serves as a hand strap! I told them they can't have it back.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #73
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I just bought the Bobj cover, that reroutes the speakers to the front. Just wondering, how essential is a screen protector since I will have a cover?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I just bought the Bobj cover, that reroutes the speakers to the front. Just wondering, how essential is a screen protector since I will have a cover?
I don't use them on any of my devices but my phone. I think it messes with the clarity of screen.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #75
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't use them on any of my devices but my phone. I think it messes with the clarity of screen.
It does. I have them on our three Nook HD's. Not on the nexus or the Fires. There is a real difference.