Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
gwendolyn_2048
gwendolyn_2048 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Can't update to 1.0.05.11130

I have firmware version 1.0.04.12210 now. I downloaded "PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.05.11130.exe" file from Sony support page. Page says I should connect to PC, enable USB transfer mode and run the file. I did it and indeed updater detects old firmware version and tries to install new one but with no success. All it displays is "Update isn't complete. Please try again."

Some time ago I've installed EbookHome (and probably EbookReader, too, can't remember now) app from this forum. Thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164707
Could that be an issue? And if it is, how to uninstall them?

I appreciate any help. Thanks.
gwendolyn_2048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
gwendolyn_2048

Really no one can help?

If no one knows how to uninstall these applications, then maybe there's a way to reset firmware to pure 1.0.04.12210?
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
You always have the hard reset option. . .

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34828
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
gwendolyn_2048

I thought it resets only settings and books but apparently I've mistaken. After hard reset update succeeded. Many thanks for help.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
I have another question about resetting the Sony T1. I currently have the newer firmware
1.0.05.11130( I updated to this when I first bought my T1) and am interested in rooting it. Would I be best off to reset it back to its original 1.0.04.12210 firmware before I try rooting it? And if so, which method of rooting would give me the best results? I hope rooting is still possible nowadays.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Seems to me this thread should be on Sony Reader Dev Corner link below.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
sickenmcsluggets
sickenmcsluggets began at the beginning.

Linux Method vs. Windows Method

I had exactly the same problem when I tried on Windows 7. I tried the .exe file with the same results as you and then tried to update through the Reader software with the same results. I figured it would be easier on Windows even though I use Xubuntu linux for my main desktop. Turns out it was easier and actually worked when I tried it on Linux! I used the wiki at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST1_Firmware_Upgrade to upgrade and it worked flawlessly!

Gotta say though, this PRS-T1 is a piece of junk, I hate it. I lost my PRS-350 while walking and began using this one. Freezes, skips pages, and loads slow, super glitchy. I really miss my PRS-350.
sickenmcsluggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
On the skipping pages glitch... I have found that losing patience and tapping or swiping without letting the device respond can trigger that behavior it can also trigger the "circling arrows of death" and screen flashing needing a reset to clear so if you get a book with slow page turns try and learn patience or keep the paperclip handy lol
bla is offline   Reply With Quote