Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Some Kobo Glo readers freezes in KoboLauncher

Hi!

Please help me to investigate this problem. KoboLauncher "freezes" on some Kobo Glo devices (not on every device, but several devices with this problem exists).

The problem is not in the KoboLauncher itself. It doesn't freeze when usbnet is on, it doesn't go to freeze when I don't turn off the blinking LED in the autostart mode.

I can't reproduce this problem on my Glo.

Any ideas?
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any relation to version of f/w installed?

SD card / no SD card?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Mine was freezing when I had Nightmode patch installed. After removing this beast, KoboLauncher works without freezing.
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #4
thorindwarf
Enthusiast
thorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xqopxa4y...p/builds/debug

I've put 2 files.

Please:
1. Copy them to your .kobo/KoboLauncher
2. Start KoboLauncher in the normal mode (not autostart)
3. Wait for freeze
4. Provide me the KoboLauncher/log/kernel.log file

Probably this file will give me some clue to this problem.

New dedicated thread started:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226205

thorindwarf, jlynton
Do you use the external SD card?
Did what you said but no log/ folder after the freeze. One more power off/on after that and the launcher stops to launch itself. Only the .png image is displayed on fullscreen.

I don't use external SD card.

Last edited by thorindwarf; 11-03-2013 at 05:11 AM.
thorindwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #5
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I just tried without the SD card, but the freeze happened as usual.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #6
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xqopxa4y...p/builds/debug

I've put 2 files.

Please:
1. Copy them to your .kobo/KoboLauncher
2. Start KoboLauncher in the normal mode (not autostart)
3. Wait for freeze
4. Provide me the KoboLauncher/log/kernel.log file

Probably this file will give me some clue to this problem.
I tried this, but the launcher would not start.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorindwarf View Post
Did what you said but no log/ folder after the freeze.
Same here on the Glo of a friend from the lesen.net forum. Reproducable freeze, but also no log file.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Hm...

I've improved logger. Now we can turn kernel logging on/off from the main menu of the launcher.

Please:
1. Restore original KoboLauncherN.sh file
2. Copy applications.ini and klogger.sh from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xqopxa4y...p/builds/debug
3. Run KoboLauncher
4. New menu item should appear: Kernel_log
5. Activate this menu item, the message "Kernel log started" should appear
6. Wait for freeze
7. Provide me KoboLauncher/log/kernel.log
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
thorindwarf
Enthusiast
thorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to beholdthorindwarf is a marvel to behold

Done. Attached the kernel.log file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kernel.zip (3.8 KB, 265 views)
Old 11-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #10
jlynton
Evangelist

applications.ini and klogger.sh go in .kobo/KoboLauncher/ right?
Old 11-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #11
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Yes, both into .kobo/KoboLauncher/
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #12
jlynton
Evangelist

Well, followed the instructions, all I got was this:
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #13
thorindwarf
Enthusiast

Yes, strangely the first time I was getting the same but after downloading the files again their content was correct. So, please download them again, they should be less then 1K.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:49 AM   #14
jlynton
Evangelist

I already tried that twice, then did a factory reset to be sure, then tried again.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #15
thorindwarf
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I already tried that twice, then did a factory reset to be sure, then tried again.
How did you download the files? If you right click on the file and Save as... you get not what you want. Try left clicking first on the file and then click the blue "Download" button.