Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Which Kobo touch do I have

Hi All

Apologies for the Noobie question but a little new to the world of Kobos...

Just got one of tho=ese readers and the box says its a touch and on the side it says N905-KDN-L

so which one do I have and whats the latest firmware I can upgrade too?

thank you for any help extra..

regards
Lohtse
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Right seems I have a major issue now...upgraded to 2.62 and worked fine but found Comic files didnt work but they had on 2.52.... SO downgraded but not the touch is stuck at the screen with a smiley kobo and 5 dots...will not move on from there...

Whats happened?

how can I fix this?

Full factory reset/restore sorted it phew!!!

2.62 firmware doesn't do Comic files at!!!

Last edited by lohtse; 10-19-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
Right seems I have a major issue now...upgraded to 2.62 and worked fine but found Comic files didnt work but they had on 2.52.... SO downgraded but not the touch is stuck at the screen with a smiley kobo and 5 dots...will not move on from there...

Whats happened?

how can I fix this?

Full factory reset/restore sorted it phew!!!

2.62 firmware doesn't do Comic files at!!!
I see you found the answer. Before a firmware downgrade, you must do a factory reset. Also, never downgrade the firmware below the version the factory reset restores to your Kobo.

From the other posts I've read, a .cbz file that uses zip compression will work but .cbr files that use RAR compression will not work. Several people mentioned using 7-Zip to open the .cbr file, extract the files from the archive and then re-archiving them into a .zip archive, renaming the .zip file to .cbz and then copying to their Kobo worked.

Good luck!

David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
lohtse
Groupie

still unsure as to which touch I have...

It has 2gig internal storage, sdcard slot(mini), and wifi...

which one do I have folks?
Old 10-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No way of knowing from that description. Look at the bottom at the info to the right of the SD card.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
lohtse
Groupie

lol never noticed that...simply says n905

thank you...