Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
JustinD
JustinD began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini, iPhone, Kindle
Economist & Kindle on iPad

I searched for this but was unsuccessful in finding an answer, so apologies if its already been asked.

I previously used to use Calibre with the Economist recipe to get copies that I would read on my iPad using the Kindle app. It worked well and I could look at articles and sections without going into the actual articles (ie skim the top level menus).

The other day I downloaded the Economist and found that now I am unable to see the article view - it actually causes the Kindle app to crash.

Does anyone know whether there is a setting in Calibre I am meant to change or have set or is there another thing I need to do to correct this?

Justin
JustinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I can't speak as to the Kindle iPad app, but I read the economist every week on my e-ink Kindle with no problems. If the Kindle iPad app is not able to handle tthe file, you can try downloading it in epub format and using some other app to read it, like Marvin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert