Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
heypuppyhey
heypuppyhey began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Which Paperwhite do I have?

I bought a Kindle Paperwhite today from Best Buy. I paid for it online and picked it up at the store. The product description read (here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kindle-p...hite&cp=1&lp=2) reads "new" and "Kindle Paperwhite Wifi (2013)". It's running Kindle OS 5.4.0.

Did I buy the Paperwhite 2? Isn't that not out until October 10?
heypuppyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
You have a PW2.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
Darkuul
Darkuul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2013
If the back says 'Amazon' in big letters, it's PW2. PW1 says 'Kindle'.
Darkuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
heypuppyhey

Whoa, thanks! I didn't know it was out yet!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well, 2013 should indicate Paperwhite 2 which is what people are starting to receive right now. On the other hand the pics shown on the BB site are the Paperwhite 1 or at least the pic of the back are (the PW1 says Kindle on the back, the PW2 says Amazon).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #6
heypuppyhey

>pics shown on the BB site are the Paperwhite 1

Yeah, that's part of the confusion. I was under the impression that the PW2 wasn't available until October 10th.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by heypuppyhey View Post
Yeah, that's part of the confusion. I was under the impression that the PW2 wasn't available until October 10th.
Amazon is currently shipping them and some folks have them in hand already. The October 10th date shown on Amazon is for folks who order directly from them today, that's when they expect more stock. The release day is actually today, Sept. 30th.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote