Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
Macthelist
Macthelist began at the beginning.

No metadata match?

When I issue the same http query manually, I get a hit. Am I missing something?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?sort=releva...s&unfiltered=1

===

calibre, version 0.9.40
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Packer'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Unwinding'}
Using plugins: Google, Amazon.com
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Amazon.com ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Amazon.com took 3.4470000267
No matches found with query: u'http://www.amazon.com/s/?sort=relevanceexprank&field-author=Packer&field-title=Unwinding&search-alias=stripbooks&unfiltered=1'

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Google ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Google took 2.91700005531

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 3.68 seconds
The longest time (3.447000) was taken by: Amazon.com
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Macthelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me, see screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.png
Views:	184
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	108544  
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Macthelist
Macthelist began at the beginning.

Ok, thanks. In looking around I discovered the existence of the ISBN plugin. It pulled the ISBN from the book and I was then able to get the metadata.

I'll put it down to solar flares ;-)
Macthelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macthelist View Post
Ok, thanks. In looking around I discovered the existence of the ISBN plugin. It pulled the ISBN from the book and I was then able to get the metadata.

I'll put it down to solar flares ;-)
@Macthelist - what happened to you with Calibre/Amazon has happened to me, and I also found that getting the ISBN into the Id helped.

I think its an Amazon glitch - I often can't find things at Amazon.com today, that I found there yesterday - I suspect it may be location related. When it happens I search with Google and use its link to Amazleep

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote