Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
Test123
Test123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Issues changing pages after perfect zoom on PDF documents

The standard 100% vertical zoom on my PDF document is very difficult to read. When I use the horizontal fit it works great, I can read the page perfectly. However, when I try and change to the next page with a swipe or a press, instead of going to the next page it will shift the current PDF page around or open up the zoom menu again.

This is really frustrating, because it means every time I want to change the page, I have to press the screen (carefully, as to not accidentally shift the zoom) exit from the zoom window, enter the page switching window and press 'next page.'

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I've tried changing the settings from |back page| menu | foward page| default but no luck, anywhere I press opens the zoom settings. Thanks.
Test123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test123 View Post
The standard 100% vertical zoom on my PDF document is very difficult to read. When I use the horizontal fit it works great, I can read the page perfectly. However, when I try and change to the next page with a swipe or a press, instead of going to the next page it will shift the current PDF page around or open up the zoom menu again.

This is really frustrating, because it means every time I want to change the page, I have to press the screen (carefully, as to not accidentally shift the zoom) exit from the zoom window, enter the page switching window and press 'next page.'

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I've tried changing the settings from |back page| menu | foward page| default but no luck, anywhere I press opens the zoom settings. Thanks.
You can't change pages by swiping or tapping when in zoom.

Good news though! You don't have to exit zoom. Just shift the page so you get to the far right side, and there will be a dark bar with an arrow, when you see that, you can tap that area and the page will turn, and keep your zoom.

If you are doing this in portrait, it will also jump you up to the top of the next page. Unfortunately in landscape, it will change the page, but keep you at the bottom, so you have to scroll to the top before you can read. Annoying since it's quite often easier to read pdf in landscape...hope they fix that bug soon.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert