Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Adding books to a sd card using Calibre

Hi

I want to load some books onto an SD card for my Nook Simple Touch using Calibre. In Calibre all books are in multiple formats, mobi, ePub, RTF, PDF etc. does anyone know how I can use Calibre to send the books to the card but only formats ePub and PDF?

Do I need to send them and then go to the card and remove the RTF and mobi as the Nook won't read those manually?

I want to send 1000s of books and I've never used an SD card before so tbh I have very little idea what I need to do. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks Josie

Last edited by Josieb1; 05-10-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
You can choose which formats to send when you're doing a bulk load like that. I don't have calibre open right now (I'm at work), so I'm working entirely from memory here; these instructions might not be exact.

Put the SD card inside your nook, and once it's recognized, connect the nook to calibre.

Highlight all of the books you want to put on the card.

There's a down arrow next to the "send to device" button. If you click that, it'll give you extra options as to how things get sent to the ereader/card. There should be an option that says "send specific format to >." Hovering over that lets you choose whether you're sending those files to the SD card or the device. Once you choose SD card, you should get a pop-up asking you to choose which formats are being sent. Click on the appropriate formats and click OK/Finish.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahgem View Post
You can choose which formats to send when you're doing a bulk load like that. I don't have calibre open right now (I'm at work), so I'm working entirely from memory here; these instructions might not be exact.

Put the SD card inside your nook, and once it's recognized, connect the nook to calibre.

Highlight all of the books you want to put on the card.

There's a down arrow next to the "send to device" button. If you click that, it'll give you extra options as to how things get sent to the ereader/card. There should be an option that says "send specific format to >." Hovering over that lets you choose whether you're sending those files to the SD card or the device. Once you choose SD card, you should get a pop-up asking you to choose which formats are being sent. Click on the appropriate formats and click OK/Finish.

Thanks so much for the instructions

Off to have a play
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote