Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Chapters Disarranged

Recently, I'm finding that opening some books in Sigil (most recent version, Windows) results in the book browser displaying the internal XHTML files in alphabetical order (which they shouldn't be). The NCX file still shows the chapters in the correct order.

I am not certain of the exact circumstances that cause this bug to appear. Has anyone else experienced it?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If the opf file is badly broken/malformed/invalid, Sigil wil scrap it and create its own. That's the only time I've ever seen Sigil rearrange files in the Book Browser.

There should be a comment in the opf file indicating that the original opf was broken.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Also
Be sure you don't unintentionally use the Sort function in the book Browser.

Remember 'Alpha Sort' rules:
Numbers sort before Letters
Always pad leading 0's to meet the same # of digits in the highest used:
007 if 123 is the last used digits
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Recently, I'm finding that opening some books in Sigil (most recent version, Windows) results in the book browser displaying the internal XHTML files in alphabetical order (which they shouldn't be). The NCX file still shows the chapters in the correct order.

I am not certain of the exact circumstances that cause this bug to appear. Has anyone else experienced it?
Yes, I've definitely experienced it too. It has to do with badly formed opf files. I believe the Sigil developers are aware of it and intend to implement more graceful handling, but it still happens to me occasionally. I always keep a copy of the epub I'm working on so that I can go back and rearrange things correctly. Also, you may have to remove "linear=no" in the opf file.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote