Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
sweetking
sweetking began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Cannot write on left side of screen

I have been having an issue with my Boox M92 for a few weeks now. The screen cannot detect the pen about 1cm from the left side of the screen. Neither writing nor clicking buttons work. I have tried the screen calibration but it does not seem to help. It was purchased from Booxtor about 7 months ago. Does anybody else have this problem?

sweetking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
If I had to make a more or less educated guess I'd say that your electronics partially fried or broke anyway. Since it's not an offset in the recognition but rather a "disabled strip", I'd suspect the electronics in the "pen" layer of the screen have a problem. I don't think there is much you can do but send it in for repairs. Good luck - I'm absolutely sure Booxtor will provide you with his as-usual outstanding support
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

what size is the background picture? The scrible app does not allow to write outside of background picture. I do not know if this is your case, but try to remove the background picture or put there one that has propor size. It may be hardware problem, but as well the designed behaviour reflecting wrong size of background picture.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
sweetking
sweetking began at the beginning.

I tried using the default "lines" background image, but the problem is still there. Also, I cannot click anywhere on the menus on the left side. Looks like I will have to send it in. Thanks for your help ManDay and Mono.
sweetking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetking View Post
I tried using the default "lines" background image, but the problem is still there. Also, I cannot click anywhere on the menus on the left side. Looks like I will have to send it in. Thanks for your help ManDay and Mono.
It seems the inductive touch panel is defective - easy to replace. Contact your vendor.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
It seems the inductive touch panel is defective - easy to replace. Contact your vendor.
Given that you are his vendor, this sounded kind of funny
Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
Given that you are his vendor, this sounded kind of funny
I could not know this But it does not matter - I would like to help to solve the problem anyway. My suggestion is always the same - before you start dancing with a tambourine, try to contact your vendor. I am sure it is the quicker way to solve a problem.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 AM   #8
ManDay
E-Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I could not know this
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetking View Post
It was purchased from Booxtor about 7 months ago. Does anybody else have this problem?