Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #331
perstranger
perstranger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Hey guys, I just bought a Paperwhite 2013. Previously I had Kindle Keyboard and I used Mangle to convert manga, which was fantastic.

I gave KCC a go and I really like, but something about the image quality is off.
It seems darker (maybe the gamma settings)

I have also tried mangle for paperwhite, and it looks perfect, but of course the paperwhite doesn't remember what image you were last on.

I've been playing around with KCC's settings but can't get it right.

So can someone please please please help me get Mangle quality images on to the paperwhite and also so it won't forget the location?
perstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:50 AM   #332
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
You can't use Mangle anymore with Kindle Paperwhite. Amazon broke CBZ support.

If you don't like default gamma correction just enable Advanced mode and set gamma slider manually. Default setting for PW is 1.8. Try 1.0. And go higher step by step if it is too bright.

Not KCC quality is off but Mangle one. Proper gamma correction is important. You're accustomed to badly converted images :-)
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #333
perstranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Proper gamma correction is important. You're accustomed to badly converted images :-)
Maybe, but I compared both and the Mangle one looked better.

Also I tried 1.0 gamma and it was still to dark.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #334
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perstranger View Post
Maybe, but I compared both and the Mangle one looked better.
Also I tried 1.0 gamma and it was still to dark.
1.0 disable gamma correction. So you are looking on original brightness.
You need find proper value yourself. Lower = Brighter.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #335
perstranger

Ok, thanks for the help, I'll go through some more settings tomorrow.
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #336
Island Boy
Island Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Can I get a url or dowload link for KCC version 3.4 for Windows (win32) that supports resume download.
My Internet is slow and intermittent.

I try looking for a link at
http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/
but the cute K-ON! girls were not very helpful.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #337
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Why you need so old version?
Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #338
Island Boy

AcidWeb asked
"Why you need so old version?"

1 Last stable version is 3.4.

kcc v3.6.2 is not working for me. The .mobi file produced seems the right size but only the frist page is visible + there only "two" pages.
kcc v3.2.1 works well for me.

2 From v3.3 and up
"Margins are now automatically omitted in Panel View mode"

If kcc v3.6.2 had worked for me I would not be trouble you.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #339
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. You have problems with 3.6.2. But returning to old version is not an answer. Sadly I don't understand your problem.

Make this "broken" MOBI with 3.6.2, upload somewhere and send me link in PM. Additionally make me screenshot exactly what settings you used.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #340
Island Boy

It might take a day or two but I will upload the "broken" MOBI for you.
My Internet is slow and intermittent.

Last edited by Island Boy; 12-15-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: gramer
Old 12-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #341
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

It can contain only few pages. You don't need upload entire tome. As long that few pages are broken too.

You also might try describe your problem once more. I simply not understand your description.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:12 AM   #342
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Island Boy I received your file and... it is working correctly. Both in Kindle Previewer and on my Kindle Keyboard.

Screenshot with that error is not really an error. Only Kindle and Kindle Previewer can open MOBI created by KCC. No other program will parse it correctly.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #343
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
For what it matters, stable version is now 3.6.2.
I forgot to update first post, sorry.
So go and download the new one

@Island Boy: K-ON! girls are a honeypot :P Try this: http://kcc.vulturis.eu
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #344
Island Boy

Don't I feel silly.
Never knew about Kindle Previewer.
SumatraPDF had always worked with MOBI created by KCC version 3.2.1 and older. Did not want to put "obviously broken" v3.6.2 MOBI files on my kindle when KCC v3.2.1 created MOBI worked great.

Thanks for all the trouble.

Last edited by Island Boy; 12-16-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #345
Island Boy

Kindle Preview is a 180MB download & install?
180MB!!!

SumatraPDF is like 4MB & no need to install.

Sigh.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools