Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
carolynsheep
carolynsheep began at the beginning.

Device: Mobireader
Hello Folks

I am not exactly a newbie to computers but like the avatar I choose I am a gray-haired old lady. I am an Education Assistant at a K-12 school in the breadbasket of Canada. I work 90% of the time with "at risk" High School Students. (mostly boys who don't want to be there) Many of them can barely read. At last our School Division has purchased excellent software to assist me. Now I am looking for ebook novels for them. Is it appropriate to make requests in this forum?
carolynsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynsheep View Post
Now I am looking for ebook novels for them. Is it appropriate to make requests in this forum?
There is actually another forum on MobileRead where requests get made. But the bigger question is what books might be appropriate. What sorts of things do you think you can get these kids to read?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #3
carolynsheep
carolynsheep began at the beginning.

Device: Mobireader
What will they read?

What sorts of things do you think you can get these kids to read?
______
It's not so much what they would like to read.(any vehicle, hunting Magazine https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima.../2thumbsup.gif
But they HAVE to read curriculum requirements.(many teachers are not willing to seriously consider adaptation and want to move the students to modified courses which does not give them access to post secondary education. (not even tech school where many of them could shine))
carolynsheep is offline   Reply With Quote