Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Displaying custom columns in book browser

Hi,

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, if it's already doable, please enlighten me. I'd like to put the contents of comment like custom columns on the right hand side of the book details window, before the actual comment section. Is this doable?
Firedancer885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Hi,

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, if it's already doable, please enlighten me. I'd like to put the contents of comment like custom columns on the right hand side of the book details window, before the actual comment section. Is this doable?
The Book details window is either on the bottom or right side (set in preferences: Look and Feel: Wide/Narrow).

All columns are always together (in the same window), but you can re-order or hide some of them, but they cant be split.
Note: You can Also control which fields show (and order) in the Details window (Preferences: Behavior) I have some fields show in the Main GUI and others only show in the Details
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
All columns are always together (in the same window), but you can re-order or hide some of them, but they cant be split.
Ah, that's my main problem. I'm not a programmer, so please tell me, why can't they be split? I don't want to manually edit the comments in the edit metadata dialog and then loose the alterations when the update metadata option in FFDL overwrites the comments. So I made a custom column with "long text, like comments" and would like to see that column on the right hand side of the book details window with the comments from the edit metadata dialog. I use the narrow layout so the window is on the bottom. (Columns on the left side, comments on the right.)
If it can't be done, then I accept it, but it would make a good plugin, that's why I originally posted the question in the suggest plugin thread.

Last edited by Firedancer885; 07-26-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Ah, that's my main problem. I'm not a programmer, so please tell me, why can't they be split? I don't want to manually edit the comments in the edit metadata dialog and then loose the alterations when the update metadata option in FFDL overwrites the comments. So I made a custom column with "long text, like comments" and would like to see that column on the right hand side of the book details window with the comments from the edit metadata dialog. I use the narrow layout so the window is on the bottom. (Columns on the left side, comments on the right.)
If it can't be done, then I accept it, but it would make a good plugin, that's why I originally posted the question in the suggest plugin thread.
The GUI is mostly fixed (the buttons at the botom control show/noshow of sections) and no plugin can modify the GUI.
You can locate your custom column to the far right: Preferences: Behavior: (right side) Tick and or Move items up or down: Down is more right
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Thanks, Ducks
Advert