Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #1591
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
So now that we have a pre-order date (Aug 30th), and a release date (Sept 6th), we should expect a firmware update sometime before then right?
One would hope.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:40 PM   #1592
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
So now that we have a pre-order date (Aug 30th), and a release date (Sept 6th), we should expect a firmware update sometime before then right?
No, you shouldn't.

Kobo are just as likely to release the firmware updates to existing devices sometime after the new devices. And when there is a new feature added, they are more likely to delay the release. At this point, I think the main reason we will see an update for the other devices in the next month is if Kobo decide they have to fix the Windows 10 update problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #1593
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
This thread is getting sooooooo lonely...
BUT think of all the new names you can think of for the next release of firmware.....

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #1594
slayerwpww
slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I still miss the expansion memory card slot in the new Kobo devices. Really, even with 8G RAM… I will stick to my AuraHD for a while (4 G RAM + 32 G memory card).
slayerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #1595
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerwpww View Post
I will stick to my AuraHD for a while (4 G RAM + 32 G memory card).
They only have 512M RAM... everything is just storage (solid state / flash / microsd), internal and external.

It will be a while before we see gigabytes RAM on eReaders... smartphones already have it (and need it for webbrowsing... scary)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 05:24 AM   #1596
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Mark 6

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.0.7523.zip
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:10 AM   #1597
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Drats, I gambled on it being 3.20. Doesn't matter much, just means people will need to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in calibre for a bit longer.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:38 AM   #1598
luele
Enthusiast
luele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
any changes?
luele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:50 AM   #1599
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by luele View Post
any changes?
I installed it on my H2O and don't notice any changes/improvements, except it breaks some of my mods again...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:01 AM   #1600
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luele View Post
any changes?
I've posted a list of what I know has changed in the thread for this firmware version.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:19 AM   #1601
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've posted a list of what I know has changed in the thread for this firmware version.
Which was closed by WT Sharpe for some odd reason. There is always a thread dang it! lol
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #1602
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Which was closed by WT Sharpe for some odd reason. There is always a thread dang it! lol
I've sent him a message explaining what happens.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #1603
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
I installed it on my H2O and don't notice any changes/improvements, except it breaks some of my mods again...
Is it any faster?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:30 AM   #1604
makruiten
makruiten began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Kobo Auro One firmware

Sorry if it's there and I'm somehow missing it, but I don't see any links to Aura One firmware. I need to reinstall the v4 firmware and I don't know where to find it. Does anyone want to help me get it?

Edit: never mind, found it a few posts back. Thanks!

Last edited by makruiten; 09-11-2016 at 03:35 AM.
makruiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:33 AM   #1605
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by makruiten View Post
Sorry if it's there and I'm somehow missing it, but I don't see any links to Aura One firmware. I need to reinstall the v4 firmware and I don't know where to find it. Does anyone want to help me get it?
Just a few posts above yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote