Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #1546
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thanks again Peter!!

Phew, eh ......
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #1547
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I've updated the first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread (this thread!).

The One Hundred Forty Eight Builds Later Release.
You left out the Touch 2.0 from the new firmware list.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #1548
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Search in book is not a feature I normally use at all, but it seems to work correctly in the few ePub and KePub books I tried just now with firmware 3.19.5761.
I use search just enough to that I don't think there were any problems with 3.19.5613. I just check 3.19.5761 and it seemed OK as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:36 AM   #1549
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You left out the Touch 2.0 from the new firmware list.
Actually, I never added the Touch 2.0 to the list in the first place.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:39 AM   #1550
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually, I never added the Touch 2.0 to the list in the first place.
Now is the time to go add in the Touch 2.0 to all those places where it was left out.
Advert
Old 01-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #1551
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Now is the time to go add in the Touch 2.0 to all those places where it was left out.
What was the first factory release on the Touch 2.0?
Old 01-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #1552
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
What was the first factory release on the Touch 2.0?
The Touch 2.0 was released on September 09, 2015. So I would say any firmware after that date would be for the Touch 2.0.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:38 AM   #1553
Filippo
Filippo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Desktop MacOs

The latest one is version 3.19.2455 (29/12/2015)
Filippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #1554
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys,

Have we got news about the next FW?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:09 AM   #1555
murg
No Comment

Still no sight of land...
Old 04-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #1556
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi,

I've found a little bug on the last firmware on my Glo. When I wake up my device (he was in sleep mode), the writing of the book I was reading is very grey... I have to touch my screen to refresh it and all come back normally. If i use "night mode plugin" (where the black and the white are inverted on all the screen), it's the same : the white caracters are grey.

It's just happen when we wake up the device. A quick solution could be to do an automatic refresh at start.

PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm french.

Last edited by akorx; 04-27-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:47 PM   #1557
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
I've found a little bug on the last firmware on my Glo. When I wake up my device (he was in sleep mode), the writing of the book I was reading is very grey... I have to touch my screen to refresh it and all come back normally. If i use "night mode plugin" (where the black and the white are inverted on all the screen), it's the same : the white caracters are grey.

It's just happen when we wake up the device. A quick solution could be to do an automatic refresh at start.
That's not really a bug but probably a deliberate design decision on Kobo part. Part of the reason I say this is that the opposite has been reported here as a bug. Something like "unnecessary refreshes when sleeping or waking". In those cases, it was two or three refreshes, but having even one refresh is likely to upset some people. As there is a workaround, to get the refresh, not automatically doing it is probably safer. And what you are seeing is heavily affected by what is displayed during sleep. If you have a dark cover, then, the text will be more faded. If you have no cover, or simple text only cover, the text probably won't be faded.

Also, you don't say what firmware version this for. What happens here has changed with time, so it is important to be specific in the reports. And it would be better to have a report like this either in the firmware specific thread or the main bug thread. As much as this thread does get bug reports, it is supposed to be about getting the firmware rather than how the firmware works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:07 AM   #1558
murg
No Comment

Still no sight of land...
Old 04-29-2016, 12:48 PM   #1559
kzik
kzik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo / Aura H2O
night mode plugin?

what is this, and is the inverted screen available for the H2O?
kzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:10 AM   #1560
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzik View Post
night mode plugin?

what is this, and is the inverted screen available for the H2O?
Yes it is... you can find it here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212162 . It's easy to install .