Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
fcm52
Steppenwolf
fcm52 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle Touch, Kindle 4 & Kindle Keyboard
Kindle 4 Folder Tree

Hi Everyone,
When I connect my Kindle 4 to the PC and I make clic on the drive "kindle" in Windows Explorer, I can see only 02 folders. Though I can read, and the device is apparently normal, I think that there were some more folders in this tree sometime ago. I suspect that my system is corrupted. Can someone help me, listing the original folder diagram for me to compare? I thank you very much for helping me out.2
fcm52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
Kandlebox
Kandlebox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Here is a listing of all the files/directories in the root directory for a brand new Kindle 4:

Quote:
drwxrwxrwx 1 501 8192 Jul 11 16:14 .Spotlight-V100
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 501 8192 Jul 11 16:14 .Trashes
-rwxrwxrwx 1 501 4096 Jul 11 16:14 ._.Trashes
drwxrwxrwx 1 501 8192 Jul 11 23:16 .active-content-data
drwxrwxrwx 1 501 8192 Jul 21 22:16 .fseventsd
-rwxrwxrwx 1 501 0 Jul 19 23:38 DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR
drwxrwxrwx 1 501 8192 Dec 31 1979 documents
drwxrwxrwx 1 501 8192 Feb 22 04:59 system
The "documents" and "system" directories are probably the 2 folders you are seeing.

You have the option of adding the directories "audible" and "music"

audible - directory for storing audio books
music - directory for storing MP3 files
Kandlebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
fcm52
Steppenwolf

Folder Tree

Hi Kandlebox, Thanks for yournhelp. Indeed I cas all the folderds you've mentioned. I have no audio option on my device. I had an idea that there was an option for screensavers, but I really don't care for that. I'm happy to know that my foldre's tree is like yours and there's nothing wrong with my Kindle. I was affraid because living in Brazil, I have no warranty for the ereader. I thank you very much for your help.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:33 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandlebox View Post
Here is a listing of all the files/directories in the root directory for a brand new Kindle 4:

The "documents" and "system" directories are probably the 2 folders you are seeing.

You have the option of adding the directories "audible" and "music"

audible - directory for storing audio books
music - directory for storing MP3 files
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but could you explain why it is that you'd want to add music or audiobooks to a K4, which has no audio capabilities? I find this a little puzzling.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:44 AM   #5
fcm52
Steppenwolf

Folders Tree

Hi, what I am seeing right now is:

1-active-content data (empty)
2-documents (all my boioks there)

No system Folder and the property says: Total capacity 1.35gb - used 87mb, free 1.27gb

Do you agree with these numbers and with the missing system folder?
Tkx.
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
Kandlebox
Kandlebox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I have been using a Kindle Keyboard which does support audio which is why I mentioned the audible and music directories. I didn't even notice that the new Kindle 4 I got for my wife doesn't support audio.

The system folder on the new Kindle 4 contains the following two directories:

"Search Indexes"
"com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader"

both directories appear to contain stored application data or preferences. Not sure either is required for your Kindle to function properly.

The active-content directory is probably used to store Kindle apps and/or associated data.

My Mac is showing the Kindle 4 has a 1.46GB drive, 1.4GB available, with 55.1MB in use.

If your Kindle is functioning properly then it doesn't seem like you should be too worried about the missing system folder.
Kandlebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:59 AM   #7
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Possibly your folder options (in Windows) are set to hide system files/folders?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote