Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
djkoble
djkoble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Still having problem with Calibre to GMail to Kindle

Hi,
This is so frustrating. I cannot reliably "send" a book from Calibre to my Kindle. Once in awhile it works but by and large it does not.
1) It appears that Calibre is emailing the book to my GMail account correctly as I can check my inbox in GMail and see that an email has come from Calibre and has an attachment with it (I.E. The book I am trying to email).
2) I've authorized receiving books from my GMail account on the Kindle management page in Amazon.
3) But the book only rarely or never seems to "reach" the Kindle email address.

Actually this whole thing is rather confusing to me. If I am emailing a book to my GMail account how does the Gmail account "send" it automatically to the Kindle email address? Shouldn't I be just sending it directly to the Kindle email address? How does this whole thing actually work?
As you can see I am confused.
Also what is the difference between my GMail address and my GMail username?
Aren't they one and the same?
Thanks for any help,
-Dennis
djkoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkoble View Post
Hi,
This is so frustrating. I cannot reliably "send" a book from Calibre to my Kindle. Once in awhile it works but by and large it does not.
1) It appears that Calibre is emailing the book to my GMail account correctly as I can check my inbox in GMail and see that an email has come from Calibre and has an attachment with it (I.E. The book I am trying to email).
2) I've authorized receiving books from my GMail account on the Kindle management page in Amazon.
3) But the book only rarely or never seems to "reach" the Kindle email address.

Actually this whole thing is rather confusing to me. If I am emailing a book to my GMail account how does the Gmail account "send" it automatically to the Kindle email address? Shouldn't I be just sending it directly to the Kindle email address? How does this whole thing actually work?
As you can see I am confused.
Also what is the difference between my GMail address and my GMail username?
Aren't they one and the same?
Thanks for any help,
-Dennis
I think you are supposed to send it FROM your GMAIL user account (as opposed to using some other ISP account name)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkoble View Post
Actually this whole thing is rather confusing to me. If I am emailing a book to my GMail account how does the Gmail account "send" it automatically to the Kindle email address? Shouldn't I be just sending it directly to the Kindle email address?
If you want to email to your Kindle account then your email address should be your Kindle address. When you send a book to your Kindle the book should not be in your gmail inbox it should be in your gmail sent folder, indicating you sent the book to your Kindle from gmail.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote