Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Mamaijee
Connoisseur
Mamaijee doesn't litterMamaijee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire HD
HTMLZ Output

In all htmlz files the actual html file is just called index. When doing a bulk conversion of epubs or pdfs to html this means one has to go into each individual html file and rename it to actual book name.

Calibre is constantly doing so many helpful updates. Isnt there some way you could get yourself to update this feature that the html file name would show the name of the book and not read as just "index"?

It would be very very helpful in mass conversion.

Many thanks in advance.
Mamaijee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
buralex
buralex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to beholdburalex is a marvel to behold

Device: KOBO GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaijee View Post
In all htmlz files the actual html file is just called index. When doing a bulk conversion of epubs or pdfs to html this means one has to go into each individual html file and rename it to actual book name.

... SNIP ...
By Google search [site:www.mobileread.com htmlz to html] I found what looks like the original announcement of the HTMLZ format: HTMLZ - Single HTML File Output by User_None (c) April 2011. I have exactly Mamaijee's question.

Based on Kovidgoyal's pointer to calibredb ADD function as solution to my import cover.jpg's question I was hoping to find similar functionality with: calibredb EXPORT that would allow me to control the name of the index.html within the HTMLZ archive. The closest I found is:
Code:
--template
The template to control the filename and directory structure of the saved files. 
Default is “{author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}” which will save books into a per-author subdirectory with filenames containing title and author. 
Available controls are: {publisher, series_index, isbn, pubdate, rating, series, author_sort, authors, last_modified, timestamp, title, id, tags}
which appears to allow me to control the naming structure of the folders/files that contain the index.html but not its name.

Ideally, I would be able to use windows search (or equivalent Flatten in Xplorer2) to find all .HTMLZ files within the the exported directory structure (or within the Calibre Library folder structure itself) and right-click drag to a target single folder and use 7-Zip's [Extract Here]. Currently, of course the names collide and the best I can do is use 7-zip's [Auto-rename] and wind up with index.html, index_1.html, ... ,index_nnn.html
buralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
But an htmlz file created from a another format usually contains more than just the index.html file. There will also be the stylesheet (style.css), the metadata file (metadata.opf) and, quite possibly, a cover jpg and other images in an images subdirectory. If you got rid of the stylesheet, all you would be left with is something which may as well have been converted to TXT in the first place, rather than HTMLZ.

As you've already found you can use the template language to give the htmlz's meaningful names, but I don't understand how flattening them all would be useful.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote