Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-08-2020, 08:50 AM   #91
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As for allowing inclusion of extra linked articles, post download, that is too much work, at least for me.
How about a way to leave a list of the articles included in the book as metadata, and then have the plugin import that, add a few more articles to the list, and rebuild the book from scratch?
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #92
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Seems unnecessarily complicated, if one really wanted to implement this feature, they way to do it is to let the user specify the articles, then have a button labeled, get linked articles, which downloads the linked articles to some possibly configurable depth and asks the user to pick from the list.

However, still too much work for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2020, 02:51 AM   #93
bonzi
Enthusiast
bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2i, K3/KK WiFi, Basic (old), 2xFire, 2xPW (old), Voyage, Scribe
A little feature request: read URL list from a file or clipboard

As the title says: it would often be quicker to enter the list of Wikipedia article URLs from a text file or clipboard.

Thanks!

bonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:12 AM   #94
bonzi
Enthusiast
bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Question Not all articles included

I am trying to compile a book of Wikipedia article on Iain Banks, his bibliography, and related content - 33 articles in all. I tried it twice, and both times I got only the first 25 articles. The book was otherwise well-formed, as far as I can see.

As far as I understand, there is no hard limit on the number of articles in the plugin.

The job took about two minutes and ended in success. However, the log does contain some errors and/or warnings. I am attaching the URL list and the log.

Please advise!

Thank you!
Bonzi

Attached Files
File Type: txt links_banks.txt (1.6 KB, 150 views)
File Type: txt WikiReader_log.txt (40.1 KB, 133 views)
Old 06-13-2020, 11:08 AM   #95
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@bonzi: Should both be fixed in version 2.2.0
Advert
Old 08-21-2020, 09:43 AM   #96
malorezzanzo0578
malorezzanzo0578 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problem with TOC

The TOC lists only the title, instead of the links in the "Contents" section. Why?
malorezzanzo0578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:52 AM   #97
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by malorezzanzo0578 View Post
The TOC lists only the title, instead of the links in the "Contents" section. Why?
You sure did not tell us anything useful to tracking this down.
1. What Wiki (a link)fails?
2. all about YOUR Calibre setup: OS and Version, Calibre release version
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #98
bonzi
Enthusiast

2.2.0 still have problems with 33 articles on Iain Banks

Quote:
@bonzi: Should both be fixed in version 2.2.0
No luck, Kovid. I upgraded to Calibre 4.23 and WkiReader 2.2.0, but it still does not work properly. Only several articles get included.
I am attaching the URL list and job log again. I tried some of the URLs for which it reports downloading failure, and they appear in the browser just fine.

(BTW, "add URLs from clipboard" is an excellent new feature!)

Thanks!

Bonzi

Attached Files
File Type: txt WikiReader_2.2_log.txt (46.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: txt links_banks.txt (1.6 KB, 107 views)
Old 08-24-2020, 10:40 AM   #99
malorezzanzo0578

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You sure did not tell us anything useful to tracking this down.
1. What Wiki (a link)fails?
2. all about YOUR Calibre setup: OS and Version, Calibre release version
  1. It tried with English Wikipedia articles (both single article and multiple articles together) and with the print version of a Wikibook (using the "Convert a WikiBook" option).
  2. I have Windows 10 Build 18363, Portable Calibre 4.22, Wiki Reader 2.2.0
Old 08-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #100
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thank you for the specifics. Someone who uses those will have advice.
(sites do change and the developers don't know until someone reports 'site xyz no longer functions' )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:39 PM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It looks to be a case problem. The links in the input file work and use title case for the page names. The log shows everything as lower case. Some of these work, some of them don't. The ones that work seem to be single word titles. Or single words with characters in them such as "transition_(novel)".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #102
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I uploaded a fix for the lowercasing problem.

@malorezzanzo0578 I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean
Old 08-26-2020, 05:10 AM   #103
bonzi
Enthusiast

Problem fixed!

Quote:
Yes, 2.2.1 fixed the problem. This is great!

Old 08-30-2020, 10:59 AM   #104
malorezzanzo0578

Quote:

@malorezzanzo0578 I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean
Wikipedia articles and Wikibooks books have a "Contents" section that it's nothing more than a table of contents of the article. I expected Wiki Reader to use this section to create the table of contents in the ebook, but it doesn't.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #105
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by malorezzanzo0578 View Post
Wikipedia articles and Wikibooks books have a "Contents" section that it's nothing more than a table of contents of the article. I expected Wiki Reader to use this section to create the table of contents in the ebook, but it doesn't.
Wikipedia autogenerates the TOC based on headings, and depending on how the article is downloaded, might or might not be included.

It's not too hard to get calibre to make its own TOC from the same headings.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote