Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #31
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
And once again, it's only for US residents. What about the rest of the world?
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:08 PM   #32
allen.gotwald
Advocate
allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: SONY PRS-505 and Nook Color
This is a good topic. Ironically, while I live in Ohio, I bought my 505 in California at a LA area Borders where they had 3 left in stock. Good luck finding them on shelves in Ohio despite inquiries and questions from onlookers who ask me "what's that?" The only Borders I've found devices in are in California. The only place I've actually seen them advertised is LAX (LA airport). Mighty interesting sales campaign Sony is waging.
allen.gotwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #33
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
I went to my local Borders today. I had bought the reader from them in October. They gave me a coupon for a $10 credit at the ebook site and the new software on disk. They were advertising the $50 credit but didn't know how someone would get it. I contacted Sony and they referred me back to Borders. I called Borders and they checked with their regional manager to find out about the credit. Once they found out what to do (I was evidently supposed to get a coupon online but they assumed that I didn't have one), they accessed the coupon online and gave me my code for the $50 book credit, which I now have sitting in my estore account. If you bought your Reader at Borders, it is worth asking the staff about both of the book credits and the updated software.
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #34
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Border's software problem

Hi,

I bought my Reader from Sony Style and I was connected to the Sony bookstore. I just uploaded and installed the new Borders software, and I get this error message:

Unable to access eBook Store
Check your network settings to ensure you have access to the internet

So, what's the next step? I am now ebook storeless.

Should I uninstall the new software and reinstall the old? Or am I stuck?

Starfish
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 AM   #35
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Not exactly the same problem as Starfish, but the new software won't leave me logged in to the store. When I do log in it takes me to a 404 error page. From there I can get into the store proper just fine though. Doesn't matter to me as I don't buy books from Sony, but thought I'd let folks know in case it's a big deal to them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #36
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
I also get the error page when I log in but then if I choose the store option I get in and the login is fine. I am really only using the store to use my credits but it only takes an extra second to get past the error.
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #37
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Hi,

I found that if I disabled Norton Internet Security, I can get in. Once I'm in, I immeditately enable N. I. S. again. Once I'm there, everything's ok.

Starfish
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #38
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
When I log into the store I get "Page unavailable" and a link to "ebook Home" which takes me to the home page.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #39
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I went to my local Borders store yesterday. They had no clue about this and it does not even show up on their intra-net list of upcoming promotions. Any ideas how to take advantage of this offer? Or do we just wait for something more public?
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:30 AM   #40
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Okay, I have gone to that borders/sony web-site several times now and can find absolutely NO links for purchasing ebooks for the reader. Searches for the term ebook returns only paper books ABOUT ebooks.

What am I missing?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote