Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Kindle Keyboard WiFi starting on it's own

I thought I was just forgetting to turn off the WiFi when I was done. But... Recently, I picked up the K3 (knowing I'd shut it off the night before) to find the WiFi back on.

A web search seems to blame the Kindle cover from Amazon, but I don't have a cover. Just generic sleeve.

So, anybody else seeing this? Do I need to check the K3 every morning to see if it hasn't turned itself on overnight? I only use it about twice a week and it's a pain to pick it up to find the batteries are half empty.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Do you have the special offers one? Inadvertently pushing the control dodad will turn on wifi.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Do you have the special offers one? Inadvertently pushing the control dodad will turn on wifi.
Hmm?? Yes SO version. Control dodad?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Hmm?? Yes SO version. Control dodad?
Sorry about the technical mumbo jumbo. The 5 way controller. Depressing it when the Kindle is sleeping will turn on wifi, then it will go back to sleep with the wifi on, and when you turn it on again the wifi still will be on. It's easy to accidentally push the controller when you are slipping it into a sleeve, or carrying it around.

I noticed that I did this a couple of times with my new Kindle with special offers, since there is a shortcut from the screensaver ad that connects your wifi to download information on the advertised product/service.

Last edited by Synamon; 04-24-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Sorry about the technical mumbo jumbo. The 5 way controller. Depressing it when the Kindle is sleeping will turn on wifi, then it will go back to sleep with the wifi on, and when you turn it on again the wifi still will be on. It's easy to accidentally push the controller when you are slipping it into a sleeve, or carrying it around.
Learn something new everyday... That's probably the problem. I'll need to be a bit more careful.
Advert