Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #1
pouzzler
pouzzler began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Rooting broke the keyboard

Hello,

after using the minimal rooting package, and not liking it that much, I reverted by doing a factory reset (maybe a wrong idea?). Since then, the keyboard settings just crash, and no keyboard appears whenever it should (for example, trying to take notes).
I have no idea if this happened with the rooting package, or the factory reset, as I didn't try the keyboard before resetting.

I then installed the latest firmware update, and my keyboard is back, still that was an annoying experience, and I thought it worthwhile to share it with everyone.

Best regards,
Sébastien

PS: I wrote a small bash script that adds functionality to ineptepub: double-clicking the download link now downloads and removes the drm all in one go. Should I publish it here, for legitimate uses, or does the forum frown upon this?
pouzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

From the posting guidelines:

"It is our policy that while DRM removal may be discussed in the abstract, providing detailed how-to instructions, uploading of DRM-removal tools, or linking to sites where these tools or detailed instructions are provided is forbidden at MobileRead."

Please do not upload DRM removal tools to MobileRead. This includes software that can only be used with DRM Removal tools.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert