Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #16
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljubavracar View Post
Thank you mSSM for your help! Yes, I have seen same problem with my device (regarding power management). I will try to manually shutoff device and I will disable all power management features. According to your opinion, is there a big difference between suspend and off mode?
As Mono wrote, there is not a big difference between those two modes. Of course powering off the device entirely consumes less energy.

If I know I will use the reader soon again (maybe the same evening), I will just put it into standby. If it's longer, then power off. It doesn't really matter.

Of course I turn it off completely if I go through customs or security at the airport.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
I left the battery to charge for 24 hours. It did not charge fully - only 93%. A minute after I unplugged it it was 89%. I will leave it in "10 minutes to standby, 15 minutes to shutdown" mode for the next 24 hours to see what will happen.
Have you try the last firmware ?
There is some improvement since the version 1.6
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
ljubavracar
ljubavracar began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
After some days, I think that I can make same conclusion. Battery really need to be charged and discharged for a few times. Now I believe that everything is OK. I switch off manually my reader when I don't use it, and battery capacity is satisfying now. There is a very good explanation on web address:

http://faq.icarusreader.com/index.ph...hlight=battery

and

http://faq.icarusreader.com/index.ph...=87&artlang=en

Icarus is the same hardware as onyx boox and it will be nice that ONYX put similar instruction in their manual.

Once again, thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

Last edited by ljubavracar; 11-12-2012 at 09:10 AM.
ljubavracar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Glad to have found this thread. I received my M92 a few days ago and while I was VERY impressed with the display of PDF docs, I noticed the battery did not seem to be taking a charge -- whether plugged into my computer or the wall socket, the battery indicator onscreen seemed to only go down.

The Icarus documentation is helpful.

/Glenn

chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
ljubavracar
ljubavracar began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
"chexmix", you should see orange LED while charging. Don't worry, at first it will never turn off, but after 3 charging/discarging cycle it will be OK. But now, you shoud see orange LED. If not, try with wall charger or with different USB cable. I have big problem with USB connection and finally I solved it. I found some old USB cable that suites me best. So, try changing cable, wall charger, or try the rear USB on PC (if you have PC, of course ).
I have had Kindle DX, Kindle 4 WiFi and now I have ONYX BOOX M92. I can say M92 is good device. Not perfect, but, hey, what is perfect these days....
ljubavracar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery, energy consumption, onyx m92