Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
E-book viewer: auto scroll

Sometimes I'm too damn lazy to even touch-turn a nook page. That's just how bad it can get.

But seriously folks, when I'm browsing authors I haven't yet read or much heard of, I generally do so by opening their book and reading a few pages... usually about a third of the way in after the author has settled down. If I like the writing style and the author can catch my interest purely with his writing style, I'll go back to the beginning and read the first chapter or so. I'm doing exactly that reading Evoguia by Steven Jordan; a forum member here.

So like I said, I'm lazy. I have the book open in e-book viewer. I scroll to chapter 1. I set my font and size. Set the window size. Push the scroll button to auto scroll at a speed that's just a tad slower than what I read; this allows for the occasional distraction.

It works well enough; it's smooth enough for about ten or fifteen minutes of reading, but then the flicker starts to become so annoying that I can't take it anymore and I have to turn it off and read like 'normal' people.

Would a better video card solve that flicker problem? Is there an adjustment I can make with my current video card? Can I tell my computer to track my eye movements and adjust scroll-speed accordingly?

Any ideas?
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote