Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #16
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
So you think that fraud is the better of the two evils. I think the point afv was making was about the perception of safety that many Apple purchasers have.
And where is this perception quantified? I've said it's no different than using amazon or any other online retailer. You're just as at risk no matter where you put your CC info.

So you know what I think? Yay....
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
My dear Apple friends.

It is the price of fame. Apple stories hit the front pages. Apple gets the news headline. The pundits, analysts, and other reporters talk up Apple.
Apple wonders. Apple sales. Apple leadership. Apple at the top.

I only report what is front page news for this is the News section of Mobileread.

In a way, I am like that mere "slave" that rode along with Caesar and as the crowds cried out in adulation, glorifying Caesar, the slave said repeatedly "thou are only a man."

I ride in the chariot with Apple and say thou are only a machine.

It's a sad thing to have to kick sand onto a God, but still some of us don't shirk at important missions.
I'm watching Rome right now. Interesting show.
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
I only report what is front page news for this is the News section of Mobileread.
But the description of this folder says "Latest on e-books, e-paper, DRM and related technologies".

Exactly where does possible fraud with iTunes accounts fit into ebooks, e-paper, DRM, or tech related to them? It doesn't.

Nor does "Is Apple betting the farm on the new iPad (iPad3 or iPadHD or ?)?" or "Apple Siri says, what do you want from me, Perfection?".

Why aren't you starting these threads in the Apple folder where they rightly belong?

To do otherwise just makes it look like your real 'mission' isn't to "kick sand" but to draw as much attention to yourself as possible.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #19
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
But the description of this folder says "Latest on e-books, e-paper, DRM and related technologies".

Exactly where does possible fraud with iTunes accounts fit into ebooks, e-paper, DRM, or tech related to them? It doesn't.

Nor does "Is Apple betting the farm on the new iPad (iPad3 or iPadHD or ?)?" or "Apple Siri says, what do you want from me, Perfection?".

Why aren't you starting these threads in the Apple folder where they rightly belong?

To do otherwise just makes it look like your real 'mission' isn't to "kick sand" but to draw as much attention to yourself as possible.

It is their mission. They just have a hatred for apple. It's not ok for others to enjoy the devices cause they iSuck or we're iSheep & don't know about technology. Eh, oh well.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
And where is this perception quantified? I've said it's no different than using amazon or any other online retailer. You're just as at risk no matter where you put your CC info.

So you know what I think? Yay....
Since I forgot the question mark I guess you thought it I was quantifying your perceptions. I was just curious about which you thought was the greater of the two evils, since you ended your comment with "lol". I do agree that using Apple "is no different than using amazon or any other online retailer." But do you think that most Apple purchasers feel that way? I have had iPad for a long time that I hardly use due it's weight but I have many friends that can't live without theirs. I think that jumping on the OP for starting a thread on what he thought was news worthy is something sad at best.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
So you think that fraud is the better of the two evils. I think the point afv was making was about the perception of safety that many Apple purchasers have.
Just because people get the wrong idea doesn't mean that it is anybody's fault but their own... the media is always full of stories concerning fraud on the net and stuff on social engineering persuading people to do dumb things...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
I think that jumping on the OP for starting a thread on what he thought was news worthy is something sad at best.
I think it's more the quantity of the subject matter.

He doesn't seem to post anything else but apple threads. After a couple...I've started to wonder why he's beating around the bush. Just say whatever it is and be done with it.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #23
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
My dear Apple friends...
It's a sad thing to have to kick sand onto a God, but still some of us don't shirk at important missions.
My dear anti-Apple fanboi (hey, we can ladle inaccurate insults out as well), some of us have lives, some of us don't own iPads but that doesn't alter the fact that some of us object to a fanatical effort to denigrate something just to suit an irrational hatred...

We actually prefer to read the facts especially when it show p the gibberish espouse by said fanatics with too little to do with their lives...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #24
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Since I forgot the question mark I guess you thought it I was quantifying your perceptions. I was just curious about which you thought was the greater of the two evils, since you ended your comment with "lol". I do agree that using Apple "is no different than using amazon or any other online retailer." But do you think that most Apple purchasers feel that way? I have had iPad for a long time that I hardly use due it's weight but I have many friends that can't live without theirs. I think that jumping on the OP for starting a thread on what he thought was news worthy is something sad at best.
Why would 'apple purchasers' feel differently?
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Just because people get the wrong idea doesn't mean that it is anybody's fault but their own... the media is always full of stories concerning fraud on the net and stuff on social engineering persuading people to do dumb things...
How kind and how very helpful.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #26
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Why would 'apple purchasers' feel differently?
If you follow the thread you can see that the comments about perceptions started from this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I remember from the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads that Apple had one where they implied PCs had viruses and Macs didn't. We know this is a fallacy, but not everybody does - maybe it gave some people a false sense of security and they dropped their guard. Just saying.
The idea seemed to be that since Apple advertised their better security apple purchasers would be inclined to lower their guards.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #27
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
He doesn't seem to post anything else but apple bashing threads.
There. I've corrected it for you.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #28
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I think it's more the quantity of the subject matter.

He doesn't seem to post anything else but apple threads. After a couple...I've started to wonder why he's beating around the bush. Just say whatever it is and be done with it.
I think that if you watched my house the last few days you would have assumed since I stayed home that I don't have a day job. Your assumption would have been wrong, I had a bad cold. Just because the OP started a few Apple news threads doesn't mean he hates or loves Apple. But more than likely it is a timely subject and the lead story just about everywhere online.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #29
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
I think that if you watched my house the last few days you would have assumed since I stayed home that I don't have a day job. Your assumption would have been wrong, I had a bad cold. Just because the OP started a few Apple news threads doesn't mean he hates or loves Apple. But more than likely it is a timely subject and the lead story just about everywhere online.
But if we watched your house for a couple of months and you stayed home, we might reasonably suggest that you have more than a bad cold. And the OP has "stayed home" more than a couple of days.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #30
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
But if we watched your house for a couple of months and you stayed home, we might reasonably suggest that you have more than a bad cold. And the OP has "stayed home" more than a couple of days.
I stayed home the entire month of August due to unforeseen surgery and worked from home more than not for a few more weeks. So you would have assumed incorrectly again.