Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
jegtrio
jegtrio began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Pandigital E-reader - how to load books

Hi Everyone! My son just got a Pandigital E-reader for his b-day from my IL's. However, I can't figure out how to get books on to it. I tried using calibre but calibre doesn't recognize the device to automatically send books to the device so I tried coping over on to the SD card but every time I copy the files over, despite me changing the output to mobi, it changes it back to epub on the card which according to this device's manual, doesn't accept epub but mobi or the kindle format....any help??? TIA
jegtrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Which Pandigital device do you have? There's a bunch.

Does it have a grayscale screen or LCD screen?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
jegtrio
jegtrio began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Which Pandigital device do you have? There's a bunch.

Does it have a grayscale screen or LCD screen?
It is a LCD screen. It doesn't have a model number just says e-reader. It has wifi and a bunch of other apps on it including the kindle app.
jegtrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Calibre doesn't send the books automatically.

When you convert the books to Mobi (I assume you are using Calibre for that?). Press the book and Edit Metadata, in the top right corner it gives you the available formats of the book, you can delete the .epub one and just leave the Mobi, that would mean there is no way the epub will be able to get onto your pandigital. Unless you need the epub version too?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
If you sideload with the Pandigital doesn't it come with a PC/Mac software to do just that?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert