Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Bugs me when a series starts with 1-2 .............16..17 WTHeck happened to the Middle GGGRRR I had my kindle over a yr still waiting for the rest UGH!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #17
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
And then publishers wonder why people go to the dark side and torrents.

Because the books that people want are there. There are a LARGE number of books that I own in pbook form, that I would be happy to buy in ebook form, but they just are not available for sale.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #18
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I think a lot of libraries have a wishlist for ebooks. If a person wishes for book x in a series and the library may buy that book (no idea how they decide), but would be unlikely to decide to buy the whole series unless specifically requested to do so.

BC library seems to tend toward bestsellers or a specific category such as Asian or children's in the what's new listing, but I could be wrong there.

I don't envy the Liberian(s) who have to make these decisions as there is no way of pleasing everyone.

Omnibus seem to be a good idea, but may be difficult for many to finish in 21 days.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #19
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I have recently been on a kick of reading that particular downmarket genre fiction known as Space Opera . So last night I was thinking of starting Stephen Baxter's Xeelee Sequence. So I go to Barnes and Nobles and look it up in the ebook section, only to find that only the last book in the series is available. I checked Amazon out and the same thing is the case.
There's an omnibus edition for kindle available at Amazon. Look here.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb View Post

/JB
Not available in the US
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb View Post

/JB
Of course, that only works if you have a Kindle or don't mind reading the book on an app. If it was DRM free that would be nice because then I could easily convert it to ePub. And yes DRM is not a total obstacle either... but I would prefer not have to worry about it.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
While I'm not sure it does any good, I always click on the "Tell the Publisher - I'd like to read this book on Kindle." when I come across a book I want to read.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't do any good... at least, not with any of the books I've ever flagged for Kindle publishing.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I was looking at e-books at the library, and they had books 2 and 3 of a series, but not book one. What good is that to anyone? It's not good for the readers, and it isn't good for the author. If all the books are available, people will check them out more, and thus the libraries will have to buy more.

I'm not inclined to say "The library doesn't have book 1, so I had better buy it," I'm more inclined to read something else instead.
That happens when some of the earlier books are held by a publisher who does not support eBooks via Overdrive, but later books are with a publisher that does support Overdrive. I know it's annoying, but that's the way it goes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote