Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
Two tiny bugs when reading a book

Hi,

I found to tiny bugs in the reader, while reading an ebook I uploaded through calibre:
- One page was doubled, you could change from one identical page to the other. As if the text was duplicate in the epub file (which it wasn't, I checked). This bug disappeared once I created a note.
- Page Break after 2 lines. I can't find anything in the epub file, that could be responsible and it seems to be the only place in the book where this appears.

It could be a caching problem, I don't know, but changing the font size didn't change anything.
Both bugs are as I said tiny.

Ciao
Sven
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I noticed a similar problem last night. When I turned to the next page, using both screen wipe and push button, it skipped the page and went to the next. It did not do it consistently just for 2 specific pages that were over 10 pages apart.
I went to "home" and started the book again from the small icon rather than the large icon of the book being read and the problem ended. I was able to turn pages to the 2 missing pages again using both swipe and button method.

This is the first time this happened but I will keep my eye on it.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
rosspag
Enthusiast
rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Cybook gen3, Sony PRS-T1, Ipod Touch, Galaxy Tab 7.7
I've just bought the PRS-T1 and I too have encountered the double page bug mentioned by Sven. I just pressed the home button and re-opened the ebook to display the correct page.
Another hiccup I've encountered is in customizing the page view, I switched from original to fit landscape width to read an epub, then i've tried to switch back pressing original but to no avail, so now i've this epub still in landscape view.
It's annoying, I hope Sony will release as soon as possible an updated firmware to solve all these bugs!
rosspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspag View Post
I've just bought the PRS-T1 and I too have encountered the double page bug mentioned by Sven. I just pressed the home button and re-opened the ebook to display the correct page.
Another hiccup I've encountered is in customizing the page view, I switched from original to fit landscape width to read an epub, then i've tried to switch back pressing original but to no avail, so now i've this epub still in landscape view.
After you have selected 'Original' you need to press the Menu button - More - Orientation. That will put it back to 'portrait' for you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
rosspag
Enthusiast
rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Cybook gen3, Sony PRS-T1, Ipod Touch, Galaxy Tab 7.7
Thanks jackie_w,
my mistake for not reading correctly the guide!
rosspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
HonzaK
HonzaK began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Does Saturated view work?

I have the T1 for about two days and so far no crashes etc so I am quite pleased. But one thing I want to ask - does the option Customize View-Adjust View-Staurated make any difference on your reader (as opposed to original)? I tried this with several epub ebooks (even those that came with the device) and pdfs but there is not a tiny bit of difference between saturated and original view. So I am wondering if it's something with my reader or if it is a common "feature". Thanks for info.
HonzaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have encountered the page skipping bug twice. Both times were in different books and near chapter breaks.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #8
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Yes, it could be both the same, meaning once it skips a page and goes to p+1 and in my case it went to p-1 (with p being the page I wanted to reach, ergo the next page)...
Page skipping seems to be more often, I had several cases of that now, but thought it might be a light form of the bug where the reader pages forward of its own accord...
Old 11-24-2011, 04:39 AM   #9
opitzs
Avid Reader

Yesterday the page duplication happened on each and every page, rebooting the device helped.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
I encountered two of the problems reported with the 1.0.04.12210 firmware:
  • "Next page" skipping many pages. "Prev page" skipping back those many pages.
  • A page being duplicated after pressing "Next page". On a subsequent "Next page", the correct page appears, but a few words are skipped. The duplicate page was at the start of an epub html file (forgot what the Standard calls it) - so that may hint at the cause of the issue. I "fixed" it by going to the TOC and re-opening that chapter file.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
consistent skipping of pages is the main reason I got rid of my T1's...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote