Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Affordable reader to/from Europe(Finland)?

I got some experience with readers and books previously I have used Palm V, E and T3 and later Nokia N810. After those I have had two second-hand "white box"(chinese) readers a one I got flashed to Foxit's firmware and my dad uses it now and the other one(Sunny W861 Wifi) I broke(the screen got hit...)

Now I'm looking for bit more, for 3G I don't have any need, I might sometimes use WiFi, touch screen isn't must either. I mainly need reader for fiction and public domain stuff, maybe some minor pdf reading for study, so I would prefer wider range of formats. I want an eink screen, for other stuff I can use my Android phone or laptop...

My main concern is price I'm aiming for around 100-150€ including shipping and possible import taxes(23%). Buying from Europe would save some time and hassle, but still I can't decide or find something suitable. Also after previous experience I would like to have good sturdy case and pay some extra over 150€ for it.

So anyone have good suggestions about what to buy and where from?
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Some ideas and suggestions:

- Are you allowed to shop from amazon.de or other European stores? Or do you have to shop from amazon.com and pay all the import taxes?

- www.pixmania.de has quite a broad offer of ebook readers.

- Sony T1 costs 149 Euros

- iRiver story hd is 139,99 at www.weltbild.de (but a cover could be a problem)

- Kobo is in your price range, for instance Kobo Touch for 129 Euro at www.redcoon.de

- Bebook Club S is 149 Euro at www.mybebook.com

For more information on each reader I would advice you to browse the subfora here.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Outside EU is bad as there are import taxes and shipping rates are massive, inside it's good as long as they ship to Finland. I have to look at German shops.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie

I ended up bit over budget 161€ delivered the T1 from Pixmania...
I do love online shopping, adding something to basket going to checkout - not available to location - ah 40£ for shipping... screw them...

Still, I ended up with T1, I checked local books store and they had Booken Cybook Opus 99€, but I realy didn't like the feel of it. On other hand the PRS-650 was nice and I would have bought one of them if it wasn't for 199€ price tag. Interestingly Sony's own store didn't have any and next delivery would have been in april I think ;D

Now I just need to find some nice case from Amazon.co.uk...
Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaros View Post
Now I just need to find some nice case from Amazon.co.uk...
eBay is a great place to find cases and covers. Well worth having a look there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert