Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
markkenzy
Enthusiast
markkenzy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch, Kindle Fire
Completely disable auto correct ?

Hi, everyone. I'm new here . I love everything about my Fire, except for one thing: the auto correction of the keyboard. I know their an option in keyboard that disable auto correct and I turn it off already but when I use imo instant messenger, it tries to correct me!! When I type a word, the space turn into insert and blablabla. This happen when I'm browsing the web either, some form (like amazon comment section) tend to "turn on" auto correct. Anyone knows how to fix this.
markkenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I sent a complaint letter using my fire to CS as even though i have it set to off it still auto corrects by itself.
One of my messages on here even got black listed by one of the mods after the fire auto corrected 2 words to be something offensives and NOT politically correct! !! Without me knowing and doublechecking before hitting post.

They replied they would send it ti the developers for a look and fix in next patch.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 04:02 AM   #3
markkenzy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
One of my messages on here even got black listed by one of the mods after the fire auto corrected 2 words to be something offensives and NOT politically correct! !!
haha..., Do you remember what the Fire keyboard correct for you . I find auto correct is such annoying bastard... Anyway, hope the update from Amazon coming soon.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
This was one of my main complaints also. While people have been nitpicking things that don't even bother me, this was an issue I noticed from the moment I tried to use a messenger or email. I've been told even Apple devices allow you to completely disable this annoying feature.

The only workaround you have is this: when you type in a word that's not in the dictionary, look above the keyboard to see if you're going to be auto-corrected. If so, simply touch and hold on the word you had typed in (which will be the very first one from the left) and it will be saved for future use.

Have fun doing this for every term you use though, it's a headache. i.e. "lol" gets forced into "lil", "haha" gets forced into "hagsh", etc. I guess Amazon didn't take into account that most of us regular people use at least some slang when online.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
markkenzy
Enthusiast

I come across the Internet and found this 'quickfix'.
http://blog.gerozahn.de/2011/11/kind...ayouts-solved/
You can give it a try.
Advert