Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #31
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Using Windows 7 x64.

When the S&R box is present I can't resize the window horizontally and lose the TOC and most of the book browser. The resize handles show but don' t function. This is true whether or not you are in full scree mode.

Is it supposed to assume the size of the current editing window? It currently is resizing the editing window to its size.

Regards - John

P.S. Nice job. In particular, I like the way you implemented the zoom - painless!

Old 12-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #32
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
@jabby a fix for the screen size issue will be in the next build.
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #33
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Well, I guess the building of source didn't go as cleanly as I thought. This probably has nothing to do with the beta, but I'll mention it anyway.

I noticed that the font used in the code I build versus the pre-built beta is different for book view. The pre-built one is more Arial style, while mine is more faded Times Roman. Maybe I don't have a font loaded or a path set right.

And what's even odder is if I select some text in book view in mine and do a right click, the list of menu options is Fonts/Direction/Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All/Fonts/Direction, while in the pre-built one its Cut/Copy/Paste/Fonts/Direction which looks fine (although Select All is missing for some reason, althouandgh I can't find 'Select All' anywhere in the source code which is very strange).
Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #34
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Can't reorder sections

XP
In the Book browser, I tried to drag a section (inline TOC) to near the end of the list.
It drags and that's it. it does not stay like 4.x does

UPDATE: Tested on Ubuntu and it works there

Last edited by theducks; 12-14-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #35
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
@meme, That menu is created by Qt not Sigil. I'm building against 4.7.4 are you using this version?
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #36
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just noticed: There is no "Validate" option in the "Tools" pull down menu.

Regards - John
Old 12-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #37
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
XP
In the Book browser, I tried to drag a section (inline TOC) to near the end of the list.
It drags and that's it. it does not stay like 4.x does

UPDATE: Tested on Ubuntu and it works there
The same problem with Windows 7 x64.

Regards - John
Old 12-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #38
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Just noticed: There is no "Validate" option in the "Tools" pull down menu.

Regards - John
For some strange reason, it is on the file menu Windows only (Looked at wrong Ubuntu system)

Last edited by theducks; 12-14-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 12-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #39
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
@meme, That menu is created by Qt not Sigil. I'm building against 4.7.4 are you using this version?
Well to be sure I downloaded the QT SDK, but its the same after building - perhaps its not using the files in /opt/QtSDK (Ubuntu 11.04).

Using default 'Case Insensitive' (or 'Ignore Case' if you prefer), 'Case Sensitive', 'Regex', seems to look ok in the dropdown (no need for Normal - )
Old 12-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #40
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
A nice Christmas present

How does one perform just a "Find" instead of a "Find/Replace."
Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #41
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Just type in the Find box and hit return, or click on the right arrow button to the right of the Find box.

Perhaps instead of just tooltips it might be best to actually add text to the buttons. Although the arrows give a nice minimalism, it does make it harder to initially identify and hit the right one (hitting find previous isn't so bad, but since Replace is always visible, hitting replace next is a bit more of an issue). (e.g. buttons like Find Next, Find Previous, Replace, Replace All).
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #42
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I figured that out
Same form
Find is the arrows (backwards/forwards) next to the search term

I am a little unsure of the replace arrows operation though
Replace arrows does the replace, but leaves you there (can be good. when being carefull. annoying if many). It seems to take a second click
Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #43
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I figured that out
Same form
Find is the arrows (backwards/forwards) next to the search term

I am a little unsure of the replace arrows operation though
Replace arrows does the replace, but leaves you there (can be good. when being carefull. annoying if many). It seems to take a second click
Replace seems to be working as I'd expect - one at a time. Start at the top and click on the Replace button changes the next occurrence and leaves you there (so you can verify it looks ok - something that didn't seem to work right previously), click Replace again and it changes the next one, etc. Even Replace Previous is ok. Use All to replace all items (in current file or all files).
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #44
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Replace seems to be working as I'd expect - one at a time. Start at the top and click on the Replace button changes the next occurrence and leaves you there (so you can verify it looks ok - something that didn't seem to work right previously), click Replace again and it changes the next one, etc. Even Replace Previous is ok. Use All to replace all items (in current file or all files).
That matches my guesses exactly.
Balloon help omn buttons is really needed
Old 12-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #45
meme
Sigil developer

Something didn't seem quite right with the find/replace but I think it was just because I was testing in Book View instead of Code View.

Replace all doesn't work if you are in book view (I think this is known, and I know you don't like editing in Book View...) - but it also does not give you a message to say that only the current book was checked and you might expect that all the other files were updated even though they weren't. Same I think with Find Next/Replace Next.

I see that Find/Replace Next does work across documents ok when in Code View. But I noticed that when doing a Replace Next that when you jump to the next document it doesn't Replace the first occurrence and leave you at the end of the word like it does in the same document, so you have to click a second time. Its inconsistent, but it may be what is preferred - since you've swapped documents you may want to pause to adjust. Although Undo works perfectly well if you change it unexpectedly. (Ah, just noticed that Undo is only for the current document - I expected my clicking Undo again to revert back to the previous document and undo the last change, not undo a change I made in the current file some time ago).

Also, the message "The search term cannot be found." is not cleared correctly. If you have a document with 2 occurrences of a word and you start at the top and do a find to get to the first, and then another find to get to the second, and then a third find you get the 'not found' message ok. But if you then click on Find Previous you get moved to the first occurrence of the word but the message still says not found even though it did find the word again. (Same if done in reverse).
Closed Thread