Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #16
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Quick question, which version of Hunspell do you use? The dictionary file apparently need at least 1.3.1. The encoding of the files is UTF-8 without BOM according to Notepad++
Hunspell 1.3.1.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Find and replace comments (XP)
Need Balloon help on un-labled buttons (it tool me a few tries to figure Search Forward (and Back)

Instead of the Down arrow, how about making the S&R button a toggle like text styles?
Can the S&R be un-docked?
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #18
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Dos this update include the zoom all feature?
Zoom is stored between runs. It is unified per-view type. So all Book views use the same zoom but it can be different that code view.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Talking You have been Busy

Tested on XP
Added a new cover Image and discovered the process has changed (IMHO for the better). Images can now be reused simply.

For those that have not seen the non-existent/not ready manual

The Add Image button now brings up a list of the Images that are listed in the Book Brower. You must first add the image there using the right-click menu (Add Existing), then the image name appears on the place image tool list.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
A bit more playing around, PCRE seems to result in crashes when using named groups in replacement...
Fixed

Quote:
The Find/Replace area: I'm not too sure that the count/status should be reported in the status bar, while it's ok once you figure that out, it seems like a pretty unintuitive choice (I'm not saying modal boxes are any good either, but perhaps a lable next to the mode etc, maybe bold).
In this case status bar was requested by some people because they didn't like modal dialogs. Some people won't like the status bar... I'm open to mockups for improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme
The search appears to be case sensitive. Obviously using regex allows you to control this, but wasn't there a button to allow case sensitive/insensitive before for those that didn't want to work with regex?
There were options for things like this previously. I don't see a reason to have multiple ways to define case sensitive/insensitive operations.
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #21
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Added a new cover Image and discovered the process has changed (IMHO for the better). Images can now be reused simply.

For those that have not seen the non-existent/not ready manual

The Add Image button now brings up a list of the Images that are listed in the Book Brower. You must first add the image there using the right-click menu (Add Existing), then the image name appears on the place image tool list.
You can also drag and drop images from the book browser directly into either book or code view.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
user_none

Quote:
Some questions. Plugin support will be there as of version 0.6, right?
That's the plan but I won't make it a guarantee.

Quote:
Another question, words not in the dictionary are red underlined. Would it be possible to add a word to a custom dictionary with a right-click option and to have multiple custom dictionaries? This would be easy for series and so on.
I won't target it for 0.5. Possibly in a later release.

Quote:
The location of the spelling files is perhaps not a handy place on Windows.
Oh? How so and what would be a better place?
Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post

I would suggest that the Supplied dictionaries be installed with the program
AND
Reserve the current location for Custom User (added words) and User supplied (alternate). Open office has a wordbook folder in the user hidden folder.
This allows different users (on the machine) to have personal dictionaries and still use the stock one.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #24
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
In this case status bar was requested by some people because they didn't like modal dialogs. Some people won't like the status bar... I'm open to mockups for improvements.

The 'Replace' and 'Look' labels could do with some left padding.
Not too sure that 'Look' is the best term.

Quote:
There were options for things like this previously. I don't see a reason to have multiple ways to define case sensitive/insensitive operations.
There are two issues with this, mostly that the user is unaware of the preset, and that for most cases they will want case insensitivity, making it a potentially bad default.
The second is that while it's understandable that minimal matching is fairly regex specific, a lot of the time someone will want to just do a quick search - does the user understand what meta-characters are? how about control statements? (?i)oh\.\.\. noes
Basic hidden functionality is bad enough; but dramatically increasing its :effort: to use is worse.

Re: the dict path, I think he was referring to :
C:\Users\Derp\AppData\Local\Strahinja Markovic\Sigil\dictionaries

Last edited by Serpentine; 12-13-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: oops
Old 12-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #25
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Well, somewhere in the Sigil program directory. There are several subdirectories already for translations and so on. I would expect it there.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:17 AM   #26
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
When locating text to be corrected, while proof reading, being able to select case sensitive/insensitive is an important tool. I'm not sure what other ways to define case sensitive/insensitive you are referring to.

Please consider restoring this function.

Regards - John
Old 12-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #27
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
How about Scope ?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:59 AM   #28
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I think it was 'Look in' or maybe 'Find in' previously - either of which help.

As for the location the search results, using the status bar instead of modal dialog seems ok. If messages are moved to within the search box then it could be confusing as now the user has both the status box and the find box to look at for information. Hard to say without testing. At the moment its hard to tell due to the extra wide windows I get when searching.

One thing that is also a bit confusing is that the search does not wrap around and sometimes I forget to go to the top of the document before searching. But of course if it did wrap around then you might not catch when you're finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine
There are two issues with this, mostly that the user is unaware of the preset, and that for most cases they will want case insensitivity, making it a potentially bad default.
The second is that while it's understandable that minimal matching is fairly regex specific, a lot of the time someone will want to just do a quick search - does the user understand what meta-characters are? how about control statements? (?i)oh\.\.\. noes
Basic hidden functionality is bad enough; but dramatically increasing its :effort: to use is worse.
Exactly. Most people would expect it to be case-insensitive by default, and they would certainly expect to have an option to change it. Having to use regex just to do quick simple searches that ignore case seems a poor trade-off than an extra option/button. Perhaps instead of a checkbox for case-sensitive you could modify the dropdown to Normal - Case Sensitive, Normal - Case Insensitive, Regex; although it might not look great. Using a checkbox for case-sensitive can be confusing as its not clear if this would apply in Regex mode or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
Instead of the Down arrow, how about making the S&R button a toggle like text styles?
Can the S&R be un-docked?
I wondered about this as well especially since S&R box is docked and can't be undocked (although I asked about this before I can't think of a reason I'd want it undocked since its finally in a very convenient out of the way place already - even on my laptop screen there's still enough space for text). Making the Find/Search button a toggle like Quick Settings or book/code view makes some sense - clicking it now it seems like it doesn't do anything half the time But I would still want the X on the window to close it to be consistent. There is also a case for putting a menu entry in View to control showing/not showing it as well - although I wouldn't remove the search icon.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #29
user_none

Quote:
I like this idea.

Quote:
Re: the dict path, I think he was referring to :
C:\Users\Derp\AppData\Local\Strahinja Markovic\Sigil\dictionaries
Yes, well Strahinja originally setup all paths to include his name. In order to change it I would also be forced to change it for settings too. With a later version I plan on making the change to sigil-ebook but I want to put it off because not losing user settings is more important than path ascetics at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme
Perhaps instead of a checkbox for case-sensitive you could modify the dropdown to Normal - Case Sensitive, Normal - Case Insensitive, Regex; although it might not look great. Using a checkbox for case-sensitive can be confusing as its not clear if this would apply in Regex mode or not.
Multiple drop down choice for in/sensitive operation would work and is the most intuitive suggestion so far. Unless someone can suggest something better I'll make this change.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #30
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir View Post
This seems to work (nicked from kate/kwrite source code):
Code:
$ diff -u src/Sigil/Form_Files/FindReplace.ui src/Sigil/Form_Files/FindReplace.ui.new 
--- src/Sigil/Form_Files/FindReplace.ui 2011-09-20 13:27:49.155652695 +0200
+++ src/Sigil/Form_Files/FindReplace.ui.new     2011-12-13 19:47:07.884815448 +0200
@@ -58,6 +58,9 @@
           <property name="editable">
            <bool>true</bool>
           </property>
+          <property name="sizeAdjustPolicy">
+           <enum>QComboBox::AdjustToMinimumContentsLengthWithIcon</enum>
+          </property>
          </widget>
         </item>
         <item row="0" column="2">
@@ -102,6 +105,9 @@
           <property name="editable">
            <bool>true</bool>
           </property>
+          <property name="sizeAdjustPolicy">
+           <enum>QComboBox::AdjustToMinimumContentsLengthWithIcon</enum>
+          </property>
          </widget>
         </item>
         <item row="1" column="2">

Thanks, this seems to work perfectly. Downloaded and built the source (very easy to do), made the changes and now the windows are the right size and can be resized correctly. The only odd thing still left is that when selecting the down arrow to list the Find history some of the entries are too wide for the screen but this isn't a real issue so far.

Last edited by meme; 12-14-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Closed Thread