Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 AM   #16
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
thanks again for your help, been great

counting down the days now till i can start using my Vox
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #17
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Ok, some more on how the Library / Purchased / Trash works on the website, as I've been told (Thanks MC for forwarding on the info that taming obtained from CC) that it's recently changed:

Please note: The following appears to apply only to books you actually paid for, the ones that can be found in the "My Account" section under "Purchase History". Books that were free when you obtained them, but are no longer free do not behave in this way and appear to be gone forever if they are no longer in "Purchased" or "I'm Reading".
Currently both the purchased list and the I'm Reading list only show the books that are in "I'm Reading". These are the same books that would be in the desktop application and on Kobo devices.
Books that are not in "I'm Reading, or "Purchased" normally can be found in "Trash".
"Trash" is no longer automatically emptied (aka permanently deleted) after 30 days.
If, however a book you paid for were to disappear from "I'm Reading", "Purchased" and "Trash" it can still be recovered.
The page for the book will display "this item is in your library", even though the kepub is not actually in the three listings (Purchased, I'm Reading, Trash) in the library.
You can download the ePUB (assuming it is available in that format) from that page. Note this is true only if you either paid for the book or if it was a free book when you obtained it and it is still free.
By clicking on the blue circle with the lower case i, there is an option to save for later. Clicking will put the kepub back in "purchased" and "I'm Reading" which means that the book can, once again, be downloaded to a Kobo device, Kobo App, or read in the Kobo desktop app as a kepub.

I believe I have lost other free books when they were no longer free and I had deleted them from "I'm Reading". This may not be an entirely new behaviour. I have routinely backed up the freebies as ePUBS (when available) for this reason.

One thing I should note is that the Download ePub option won't be of much use to iOS users as the Kobo app (The normal / Prime version, there is an international version - Kobo International - that does have Adobe DRM support) does not currently support Adobe DRM Encrypted content.

However, as mentioned, the little "i" icon will add the book back onto the I'm Reading list, which means when you sync your iOS app, the book will appear. In v5.1 of the app it will initially be listed as "Tap to Download", as we do not automatically download the book, so you would simply need to tap on it to download it and then you will be able to read it.

Last edited by Sharkus; 12-15-2011 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added updated version from another thread.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #18
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
v5.2 of the Kobo iOS app is now live in the app store, more info here
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote