Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Gmail on Kobo Touch?

I've just got a Kobo Touch, and am having problems trying to get Gmail in the browser. It asks for my login details, then goes to to a screen which is completely blank. When I check the address showing in the address bar on my PC, it's obviously the mobile version of Gmail, but isn't displaying anything. I've read reviews where people talk about being able to check Gmail on a Kobo Touch - anyone know if there's a trick to it? The software is version 1.9.12 (r33689, 10/13/11).
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
First make sure you are connected to internet by going to a known site.

For gmail go to http://m.gmail.com
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Caran you are right. I too can no longer get gmail. The same white page.
It works fine on my kindle so I would think this is a 1.9.12 issue
Old 11-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, thanks for checking. Glad its not me being an idiot! :-)
Old 11-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I wonder if gMail Basic mode would work? Try this URL:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=h

A short version of this is htt p://goo.gl/NmajS

(Seems this forum expands the short form so remove the space from above to try it).

This was obtained from https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=15049
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
carandol
Evangelist

Ah, that works! Thanks!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
Atilla
Addict

Thank you Peter
Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
geojo
geojo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
hello ..new member..just purchased kobo touch. i cannot access my gmail from the browser. i have logged into my ordinary gmail account using my user name and password but i just get directed to a blank white page. have spent 2 days trying to find a fix for this on the web and have been totally unsuccessfull. browser seems to work on other sites ok. now taoally confused as to best to proceed
can anybody provide a simple step by step guide as to how i fix this problem-with any reference points if needed- as i am making no progress at all.
incidentally how do people find the browser(whiich type is it) and how effective is it for rudimentary surfing.
ny advice/guidance would be appreciated as i am totally stuck.
thanks in advance
geojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Did you look at post #5 in this thread and using gmail basic? The person in post #6 said it worked just fine.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #10
geojo
geojo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
yes, tried this but still ended up with blank white screen. any other advice would be welcomed
thanks again for any help
geojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #11
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
I have tried the short version for the basic GMail address posted in message #5 and it does work. Here is the short version: http://goo.gl/NmajS. Please note that you must use an uppercase N and S - lowercase does not work.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Yep, msg #5 trick worked for me. Also make sure you're putting the "http://" in (which I assume you are since it is taking you to a "new" page anyway).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #13
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
I do not know if this is related.

But Google has basically announced about 2/3 weeks ago that it would no longer be supporting non standard web complient browsers and applications.

Not sure if this somehow affects the limited browser capability in the Touch's browser. But, they basically said for blackbrry users, there will no longer be a blackberry friendly mobile site and we would have to use the standard mobile or the full blown web front end on the phone.
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Well, Lordvic, it's working for now .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote