Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 05:36 AM   #16
LionelM
LionelM began at the beginning.

Device: Merlin HYEG01098
Will the Merlin from Deals Direct work with a Mac?

My first post - this forum looks very helpful

Lionel
LionelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #17
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I couldn't find that product, could you provide a link, please? And I think you're better off asking Deals Direct themselves about product information.

I did notice they have a 6" reader for $299, but it didn't mention the name Merlin at all.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #18
LionelM

Thr DealsDirest site doesn't quote a make or model number but when it arrived it had HTEG01098 on it and a Google search showed it was a Merlin.

My Mac doesn't recognize it. I've contacted DealsDirest and am waiting for a reply. I'm using an iBook - maybe it works with an Intel Mac.

Lionel
Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
LionelM

Sorry - that should have read HYEG0109B

Lionel
Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 AM   #20
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
You can buy the Iriver Story e-book reader from Harvey Norman outlets in Australia:

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/produ...-e-book-reader

And you can also get the Hanlin E Book Reader from Dymocks online:

http://www.dymocks.com.au/ProductDet...=6928324100265

I ordered my Sony PRS-600 through E-bay and it worked out cheaper for me. Sony Australia does not offer e-readers currently.

Hopefully, e-readers might take off by the end of 2010. I saw this article just the other day:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/2010-aussie-...-339301787.htm

Hopefully, if more companies start getting their e-readers out here to Australia then the market will open up to them and we will have more options available here.
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 04:37 AM   #21
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Do NOT go through Ebay... I had a look today, and Amazon Kindle was $100 more than if you buy from Amazon direct...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:07 AM   #22
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Do NOT go through Ebay... I had a look today, and Amazon Kindle was $100 more than if you buy from Amazon direct...
I was referrring to my Sony PRS-600 which worked out cheaper than buying from the Sony website, or Amazon. I have no idea what other readers go for on E-Bay
Old 03-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #23
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almas View Post
I was referrring to my Sony PRS-600 which worked out cheaper than buying from the Sony website, or Amazon. I have no idea what other readers go for on E-Bay
I was really shocked to see what Australians charge for e-readers... They know there's a small market, buy up, and sell at huge profits... I loved E-bay, when it was most 'private' people selling on there.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:04 AM   #24
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I was really shocked to see what Australians charge for e-readers... They know there's a small market, buy up, and sell at huge profits... I loved E-bay, when it was most 'private' people selling on there.
Oh I know! I didn't use the Australian E-Bay - the prices were ridiculous. I used the US one and it actually worked out cheaper for me to buy from the US and pay the postage rather than buy from the Aus e-bay!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 PM   #25
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
If you want a Sony I would go to B&H Photo (they will ship to Oz)., and compare with what you can get on ebay.

They are cheaper than Most of the ebay seller's normal prices.

That being said I just won a new PRS-900 on ebay for a little less than B&H.

Take care to look at ebay NOT Australia (the US sellers that load on the Oz page want a good 10% more than B&H)

Good luck.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #26
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
That being said I just won a new PRS-900 on ebay for a little less than B&H.
Congrats on your new reader! So you FINALLY made a decision!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:17 AM   #27
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almas View Post
Congrats on your new reader! So you FINALLY made a decision!
Thanks, what a relief

Yay, and I have paid for it. But it is still the middle of the night in Ohio where it is. Fingers crossed it gets posted before easter.

Cheers
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #28
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Here is an Australian site dedicated to e-readers and books.
http://bookbee.com.au/
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #29
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Here is another Australian site for buying e-readers. They stock different brands the BeBook, Sony and Cool-er.
http://www.ebookbop.com.au/books/home.do
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #30
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I got a BeBook Neo from Dymocks in George St, Sydney on Monday. Websites I've seen are advertising shipping in April. It was pricy A$569. But it has a Wacom screen and wifi.

I think I'll use it at home, and the V5 when out and about.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia