Notices

Old 11-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
Mobipocket sync fix

This is from Bookeen:

Mobipocket Reader Desktop 6.1 Beta is now available.

It will fix your synchronization issue.

It can be downloaded from:

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/beta/desktop.asp
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It works great. You have to be carefull when installing the new fix over the old version. On my system (Vista) it told me it couldn't finish. Then it 'rolled back' the install. It also removed the old version. The second try worked great. So you probably have to de-install first
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Think I'll wait for the released version. Don't really have any pressing need for the Desktop reader - all I use it for basically is to check that my book conversions look OK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Yep works great
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
tcmoon
Connoisseur

Still can't read books from the library, the fix Bookeen sent works great until I turn off the cybook and then it reverts right back to the old time and says book not active. I sent an email to bookeen and nothing yet, maybe their on Holiday.
Advert
Old 11-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
Still can't read books from the library, the fix Bookeen sent works great until I turn off the cybook and then it reverts right back to the old time and says book not active. I sent an email to bookeen and nothing yet, maybe their on Holiday.
If the "fix" is a program which syncs the Gen3 with the PCs clock, then that's exactly what you'd expect to happen, isn't it? If the Gen3 doesn't have a battery-backed clock chip in it (and I wouldn't have thought it would have), each time you boot the machine it's going to go back to the default time and date.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
tcmoon
Connoisseur

Maybe you should get with bookeen and help them out as it was their fix. What good would it do for someone reading a book that can't finish it in one setting. I am still waiting to hear from them even an email to say hey we hear you and are working on it. Maybe I should ask them to send a replacement. How can some units work and others don't?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
Pickle
Enthusiast
Pickle began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If the "fix" is a program which syncs the Gen3 with the PCs clock, then that's exactly what you'd expect to happen, isn't it? If the Gen3 doesn't have a battery-backed clock chip in it (and I wouldn't have thought it would have), each time you boot the machine it's going to go back to the default time and date.
Not necessarily. I had a computer once where the BIOS battery died and time didn't pass while the machine was turned off. It didn't reset to any date in the past, it just stayed where it was when I turned it off.
I thought it was pretty amusing actually, it became a bit of a game for myself to see how far behind real time I could get it.
Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
This is from Bookeen:

Mobipocket Reader Desktop 6.1 Beta is now available.

It will fix your synchronization issue.

It can be downloaded from:

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/beta/desktop.asp
Cool. But alas, still limited to Windows PCs... When will Mobipocket realize there's a potential customer base using Mac or Linux ?
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote