Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
goobus
goobus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre showing multiple formats

I'm using Calibre 0.8.21 and i've noticed that some books in my library are showing that they have multiple formats... but when i click on the "Path: Click to Open" to look at that book's directory, there's only a .mobi file, cover.jpg, and metadata.opf file.

Some of these books were imported as something else like an epub and converted to mobi, but i've deleted the epub file manually.

Others are files that never had anything but a mobi.

This didn't happen on the previous version i was using (i think it was 0.7.something.. whatever comes in ubuntu 10.10). I'm not sure where it's pulling/storing this info...

Any ideas?
goobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobus View Post
I'm using Calibre 0.8.21 and i've noticed that some books in my library are showing that they have multiple formats... but when i click on the "Path: Click to Open" to look at that book's directory, there's only a .mobi file, cover.jpg, and metadata.opf file.

Some of these books were imported as something else like an epub and converted to mobi, but i've deleted the epub file manually.

Others are files that never had anything but a mobi.

This didn't happen on the previous version i was using (i think it was 0.7.something.. whatever comes in ubuntu 10.10). I'm not sure where it's pulling/storing this info...

Any ideas?
Manually? Using Calibre's UI?

Run the Library Maintenance tool (on the little arrow next to the Libry Icon. That will fix the listings for missing (removed formats) and notify you of ones that sneaked in the back door and need to be take back out and brought in the front door (normal ADD)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
If you delete them manually, using a file manager and not using calibre's library tools then calibre will not know to update the library. Delete any unwanted formats via calibre's GUI in the edit metadata window.

Quote:
Yes it did happen on that version and every other version back to at least 0.6.0 or before. You must use calibre's interface to delete unwanted formats or you end up experiencing what you are seeing.

Follow theducks advice to correct your library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
goobus
goobus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Maintenance tool worked perfectly... Thanks!
goobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Hello, I have version 0.9.34 and for the life of me I can't find any Maintenance tool or any green arrow. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Edit. Nevermind, found it.

Last edited by kindleBunny; 06-13-2013 at 02:22 PM.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Libray Icon, click arrow besides it and select Library Maintenance.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I had problems beacuse at some point I had removed the icon from the main toolbar.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Happens to all of us
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
kindleBunny
Bunny

I have a corrupted database, apparently, with a lot of invalid titles. I'd like to delete them, but it takes an eternity to select them all (over 1000). Is there any way to select all of them?