Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #31
RK Ryals
RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RK Ryals ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hadcroft View Post
I do too! I wrote the first version of Anne Droyd as a TV script, and then novelised my unfilmed script as a book. Interestingly, a number of people have said it would make a great kid's TV series.
That's amazing! And quite the compliment. It's great to hear that people can visualize your story vividly enough to be considered for television!
RK Ryals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #32
Keryl Raist
Zealot
Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK Ryals View Post
LOL! I agree! If I had to publish one of my stories using only the first draft, it would be 80 to 90 percent dialogue. I'm definitely one of the latter. I think in terms of words, then I insert images and secondary actions.
Yeah, if you look at my working notes, there's often things like "Insert description here" in them.
Keryl Raist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #33
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Evolution of the book

I don't wait until I can do it justice, but I go back and rewrite a lot. A book kind of evolves with me. I think about the story, I listen to the characters speak to each other, and I imagine the adventures or conflicts that they might have. Gradually, the book evolves. When the book is far along, I go back and begin to insert descriptions of the characters so the reader can visualize them.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #34
WPotocki
Connoisseur
WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, I do.

I got an idea for a book about 7 or 8 years ago. It's very grand and about enlightenment and a variety of esoteric subjects. I am holding back on it because I'm not ready to write it. Just not.

It's funny because when I got the idea, a poem immediately came to me ... it's a poem that the protagonist writes in his diary. It opens the book. And part of one chapter came. It's almost at the end of it. The rest of it? I'm holding off.

There's also a detective series that I put off. Not ready for that either. It's about an unsavory subject. I usually write horror. Somehow writing about disgusting things that can't possibly happen is okay with me, but when it comes to penning things that could be real ... that'll take some doing.
WPotocki is offline   Reply With Quote