Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
T1 and Library Books

Anyone have any idea of how direct downloads might work?

Log onto your library via Wifi, and tell Overdrive to send the book to your Sony account at checkout, and then download from there?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
I doubt Sony will add library loans to your account the way that Kindle does. I think it's more likely that you'll browse your library via Wifi and check out as usual; clicking the download button to add the ebook to your device.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
And a related question - will this functionality will be available outside the US? My local library in New Zealand uses overdrive, but the sony site for NZ makes no mention of library borrowing for the new reader in its specs. I can't see why it would be any different, but goodness knows....?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
And a related question - will this functionality will be available outside the US? My local library in New Zealand uses overdrive, but the sony site for NZ makes no mention of library borrowing for the new reader in its specs. I can't see why it would be any different, but goodness knows....?
From what I have read, it is US, UK and Canada only. I hope it spreads to other countries later.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Can the Singapore , and Penn Free, still be used on the T-1 I wonder ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
From what I have read, it is US, UK and Canada only. I hope it spreads to other countries later.
Blah - that's not good...oh well, hopefully it will come soon.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Lizzley
Lizzley began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
New Sony WiFi

Hello,
I am a new member of this forum and so far have found an amazing wealth of information. The only digital reading that I've done so far has been on my Ipad, and for the book portion, it's been Kindle books or Library books thru Overdrive on my Ipad. i'm wanting to purchase a new ereader with e-ink and have pretty much decided on the new Sony WiFi, which is not yet out. I'm basing my decision on the size of the screen, the fact that there is no keyboard to clutter up the screen, and the weight (6.0 oz). One thing I am not clear on is...can I download directly to my reader, or do I have to download to my computer, then to the reader? In Overdrive library, I download books directly to my Overdrive on my Ipad. Will I be able to do the same thing on the Sony? How about from online bookstores. Will I be able to download directly to my Sony ereader? Maybe someone that has a Sony reader can help me!
Lizzley
Lizzley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Lizzley,

The Sony T1 is brand spanking new. Nobody has one as of yet to be able to answer your question. Welcome to MobileRead though!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
Lizzley
Lizzley began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Answers to my questions,

Actually, after I posted my questions today, I called the nearest Sony store and was told the T1 was android based. I also got on "you tube" and saw videos of the T1 at some Berlin show. I feel more comfortable now, because with the WiFi it looks like I can download my books the right into the ereader.
I hope this info helps somebody else! Just go to "you tube" and look for PRS-T1...
Lizzley is offline   Reply With Quote